Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 30 ft.
Richardson Grove is located in California
12 Reviews of Richardson Grove
This is a nice area

We pulled in late. However, we explored the next day. The Redwoods were neat. The little river close by helped keep us cool. Not to far from town. And lots of big foot shops around.

Great

Great place, my family and I enjoyed ourselves and beautiful land

Quintessential NorCal Summer Escape

This is the first redwood park on the 101 heading North. It sits right on the Eel River just south of the Avenue of the Giants. This place is very family friendly. The singular trail is comfortable for soft wheel strollers and wheelchairs.  The park is located right along the 101 so there is no illusion of seclusion. This is more of a feature than a bug however due to the stellar Bar&Grill across the street. The store sells everything from beach towels and propane to kombucha and puzzles. The grill serves high quality food and offers a stage well known for Reggae on the River.

This place is packed during the summer. Plan ahead to get a good site and bring plenty of sunscreen and bug spray. Look out for poison oak on the trails to the water. Water shoes are highly recommended.

Wonderful experience

We broke down at the gate. The Rangers said they could not accommodate our 36'. The camp host (volunteer ranger John) knew we were stuck on a Friday nite. He said he would try to fit us in a spot reserved for emergencies. We fit with room to spare. Told to stay as long as we needed. He loaned me his truck to go into the nearest town to pick up supplies. He was a God Sent. The most beautiful spot to brake down in Northern California.

Most peaceful serene place ever!

If I could live here year round I would. Especially winter ♥️♥️♥️

great

redwoods, redwoods

River camping in the highway of the Redwood Giants

Richardson Grove is a great family campground with many amenities such as Coin Opp. Showers and a few 1 room cabins for folks without tents or RV’s. The river access is crowded on the weekends but very enjoyable on weekdays during June and July. Unfortunately, the river is less healthy in August.

Hot and buggy with inconsiderate neighbors

Rangers were nice, neighboring campers not so much. After a couple night along the coast and in redwoods NP we drove through humboldt which was full and landed at richardson state park. It was the saturday before july 4, so maybe that was it, but not the same crowd as in redwoods np or patricks point. This was loud and full of rv’s and generators. Also someone politely left all their coffee grounds and filters in the fire pit for us, boo.

It is among the redwoods, not as dense or as beautiful as the ones in humboldt.

Bathrooms well maintained, coon operated showers.

ROTR

Went to this campsite two years in a row to see reggae on the river, everytime I was mind blown by the redwoods and I found a nice little river bed too which was super rad.

i loved this location more then my hometown campsites.

ROTR

i loved this location more then my hometown campsites.

Year 2021 Flag