Standard (Tent/RV)
No Sewer Hookups
Van Duzen County Park is located in California
6 Reviews of Van Duzen County Park
Gorgeous

The Campsite itself is closed due to Covid. However, 8am to 8PM it is a swimmer's Paradise. Really nice Camping spots and cannot wait to visit here when open. $25 a night to camp in tent and $1 per pet.

Awesome Campground, Lovely Host

I LOVE this campground and its host, whose name has escaped me. He was very helpful and kind and we loved seeing him walk his little dogs around the park. We stayed here in our popup camper sometime in December of 2020 and we were one of the only groups there during the entirety of our five-day stay. It’s peaceful and quiet and extremely beautiful; the towering redwoods coupled with the beautiful river made for an absolutely serene stay. These sites are nice and secluded with absolutely no cell coverage (Verizon), and about a 35-45 minute drive from Eureka and about 15 from the nearest gas station. Showers were closed due to Covid during our stay.

Hidden gem

This place is locally known as swimmers delight. This is another one of my favorite campgrounds. It is open year round and only cost 25 dollars with clean bathrooms and showers. There are many great campgrounds, many right on the river. If you are looking for a place to relax at the river all day this is a great place. It isn't known as swimmers delight for nothing.

Brains out: Mind blown

Look. If you are in to big trees and misty mornings, this is the place. I kinda wanna give it 2 stars so that it won’t be crowded next time I go. Walk to the river, stroll through the woods. There was a rednecky family that pulled in the last day with a large group of shitty kids and barking dogs. (I like kids and had my dog with me, these were the shitty kind though). Other than that it was idyllic. Hot showers, well mainly sites. Courteous hosts and rangers. And a 15min drive to a little grocery/gas station, the Murrish Market.

Lovely

A great compground in the old growth forest of the Redwoods. Flush toilets, pottable water, coin showers. Only 12 miles from 101 on 36

Big trees little people

A great place to see grove of big trees that is off the beaten path. Swimmers delight has the river and the trees. There are few facilities but there are bathrooms

Year 2021 Flag