Pets Unknown
About Burlington - Humboldt Redwoods State Park
Burlington - Humboldt Redwoods State Park is located in California
19 Reviews of Burlington - Humboldt Redwoods State Park
Good family campground

Like most of the reviews, the campsites are roomy but little privacy. The bathrooms are clean and showers are nice for people who aren't big into camping.

There are lots of old redwood stumps to explore and climb on for kids. The Gould nature hike is easy and informative with lots of interesting sites. Walk down to the river for stone skipping, wading fun. Also the river hike on the opposite side of the river was amazing, we didn't run into another hiker, so peaceful.

Also the rangers there were awesome.  Our car wouldn't start when leaving (due to leaving car doors open).  But the rangers had a battery starter pack. Saved us hours of waiting for AAA.

Amazingly beautiful!

1. Spacious campsite

2. Bathrooms clean

3. Close to visitors center

4. Close to several hiking trails

5. Sites are shaded

Gorgeous Old Growth Trees protecting a peaceful campground

Probably my favorite campground due to the ingenious ancient trees surrounding the entire area. Plenty of hiking super close to the campground. We visited in Winter and had nearly the entire place to ourselves. Quiet and peaceful, perfect for the entire family. Highly recommend and would stay here again

Breath taking campground in the avenue of the giants

My partner and I stayed at the Burlington campground in Humboldt Redwoods State Park in March and could not have had a better experience. We were able to get a first come first serve site without much difficulty (we were very concerned about this as we were driving up from San Francisco). Our site was nestled amongst historic, giant redwoods in the heart of the avenue of giants. The site its self was clean and came with a fire pit, picnic table, and bear locker. Staff was helpful and accommodating. There are several breathtaking trails that connect to the campground and others close by car. We can't wait to go back!

Good Option Along Avenue of the Giants

I ended up here because the Hidden Springs Campground down the road was closed. The highlight of the Burlington campground is that it's right by the Visitors Center so you have easy access to the wifi, free coffee in the morning, and lots of educational opportunities. In fact, I even had wifi access at my campsite. The campground was almost full when I arrived without a reservation around dinner time mid-September.

The campground and most of the campsites are pretty close to the main Avenue of the Giants road so if you're a light sleeper this may be an issue. The campsites are large and spacious but there isn't much privacy between them as the undergrowth is largely absent. There are showers, flush toilets, plenty of water spigots, and tables and bear lockers in each site. Unfortunately my site was pretty far from the facilities and there didn't seem to be a direct way to access them without going through others' campsites or walking way around on the road.

There are also really wonderful looking hiker-biker sites. The entire area is incredible and if you have time, take a slow drive through the trees. Ask the rangers for good local hikes and take lots of stops along the turnouts. I definitely do not regret taking the Avenue of the Giants rather than the faster 101.

Quiet but loud with beauty

Went in April of 2018, very quiet campground. Nestled near many activities such as hiking and fishing on the eel. Short drive to grocery stores or Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka.

Absolutely a must!

Omgosh, I can't enough about this campground! The actual campsite was huge! It was beautiful, nicest camp host/rangers, gigantic trees all around, dogs, families, handicap sites, clean bathrooms with hot water, big visitor center, daily planned activities, so many great hiking trails, and the best part is: COFFEE at the visitor center! You don't have to brew your own! It's not Starbucks, but if I can get my coffee, a couple of granola bars and get going in the morning without taking out a cooking utensil, it's a world of diffence. It's one of the nicest campgrounds we've been to, and we love camping, so there's many to compare to. I actually locked my keys in my car and the ranger drove me from the trail head back to the campground to get in touch with AAA and took my husband and my daughter to get her hiking badge while I waited to someone to help get my keys out. That's what I call service! I have to go back! So worth it, it's a must.. :-)

The Avenue of the Giants is one of my favorite places in the whole world. Burlington camp ground is basically right in the middle. It's right next to the ranger station/visitor center and just a few minutes away from Miranda, where you can pick up some last minute supplies. The biggest problem I have with this campground is that it's situated right next to the main road, so there a lot of traffic moving through. It's a slow speed limit, so it's not super loud or anything, but it does break the serenity a bit. The rangers are very knowledgeable, which is great if you're looking for things to do/places to see on you're trip. If you forget your firewood, you can pick some up at the ranger station. Each site is provided with a fire pit and bear box. You definitly want to use the near boxes, it's not uncommon to spot a bear while in the Avenue.

Beautiful!

Dark forest covered campsites with some privacy. We usually camp off season and this has kept campsites on the quiet side at night.

Redwood Heaven

this is a large campground with large sites. We had three tents and a car and still had space. Conveniently located in the Redwoods. Nice river stream is across the road. Rangers at information center a must to visit! Has showers but bring quarters. Facility was very clean