The best BOAT IN camping near
Fifty-Six , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Fifty-Six Camping Reviews
Private and Peaceful

This primitive campground was perfect for me and my dog. We stayed three nights in October 2020. It’s right on a put-in spot on the Buffalo River so there were a couple of buses and shuttles but for the most part it was very quiet. The campsites are a good distance apart, they have plenty of room and have fire rings and picnic tables. Be aware that there is no drinking water and I didn’t get phone service (yay!). There is a vault toilet that wasn’t too bad. I loved this place, and will definitely be back.

River views!

My friends have been trying to get us here for a few years and we finally made the drive. It did not disappoint! We shared a “buddy site” because we have tiny campers. I typically like to hike and do other activities when we camp, but here, I was content with sitting and watching the River all day. There was an eagles nest on the other side of the river, so we got to Eagle watch all day as they circled the river hunting for their dinner. It was AMAZING!!

There is a camp store with all things fishing, plus a few other things you might need. They sell firewood on site here.

There is a really nice wildflower walking trail that you can walk to from the campground. There is a playground and amphitheater as well. A small wedding took place while we were here and that was nice (even though they left lots of fake flowers behind on the ground, so I got that cleaned up).

Beware: The sites along the River are very close together and many of them have the picnic tables on the wrong side. Kinda strange if you are next to someone with their table on the correct side!

Nice Resort on the White River

This isn’t a campground, but it is an awesome resort that started in the 50’sand has grown to what it is today. They have lots of different cabins/cottages to choose from on the river. There is a landing strip for small planes and an awesome restaurant with an amazing view of the River. There is a store on site and a game room for the kids. They also offer fishing guides, because, at the end of the day, it is the world class trout fishing that brings people here! They also have a really nice outdoor nature trail area filled with at least a dozen or more peacocks. I could just spend the afternoon here watching the planes land and take off! If you are looking for a campground close by, I would recommend Bull Shoals White River State Park.

Camping /Fishing

We have camped here a couple times and planning to return again. Most sites are level with electric and water hookup however no sewer only a dump station. In the spring of 2020 many sites were under water from the spring rain.

Cabins on the water

This is a mixed use place. It appears that there are long time campers, some weekend campers and nice cabins along the River. The White River is incredible with amazing trout fishing, so this is a great place to take in the views of the river! Location is close to town, the Marina & State Park and also Gastons. Giving it 4 stars for the cabins, but not so much for the campground.

Water Adventure

Buffalo Point State Park

Spent some excellent quality family time at Buffalo Point State Park. I think I lucked into my site, because I’ve tried to make reservations since then and it’s always full. Our site was not great, it was long and “thin”, between two roads. From the gravel pad there was a 10 foot area and then the picnic table and grill area. Very strange set up! Right across the road was the River/beach access though! LOVE the river, so clear! Awesome “beach” area with plenty of room to walk, play and set up your chair. The Showerhouse was in good shape and maintained. The tent area had some nice site above the river and was packed as well. We hiked, canoed and relaxed!

Awesome place

This place was pretty cool. We just won't go in the middle of July again.

Great Campground on awesome River

Very well kept and cool campground!! Spacious site with nice level pads. Grill and fire ring at every sit. Water spigots located through campground for water. We were here during off season so very quiet.

Great place off the grid

Stayed here for 4 nights in late October. The park is great and very clean. Some of the sites can get a little crowded on the weekend. During the week was super quiet and more my speed. Deer were everywhere and the Indian Rockhouse hike was really great. I will def be back in warmer weather to float the river which it was low for the winter. Falls colors everywhere and great weather. There is a gas station not too far from the park for fire wood on your way in. The rangers were present quite a bit making sure the park was safe. Very nice spot. There is no service in the camp site at all.

Great place

Quiet, relaxing, peaceful, beautiful. Very clean and the other campers were quiet and nice. Great fishing and the scenery was spectacular.