The best RV SITES camping near
Fifty-Six , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Fifty-Six Camping Reviews
Beautiful Area, Clean Campsites & Bathrooms

Pros:

-Campground was completely empty when I arrived on a Thursday evening in December.

-Sites are separated by trees, so some privacy.

-There are more than one compositing toilet on site& they are cleaned regularly.

-Beautiful cliff views are a short walk away.

Cons:

-No water access, so bring your own

River views!

My friends have been trying to get us here for a few years and we finally made the drive. It did not disappoint! We shared a “buddy site” because we have tiny campers. I typically like to hike and do other activities when we camp, but here, I was content with sitting and watching the River all day. There was an eagles nest on the other side of the river, so we got to Eagle watch all day as they circled the river hunting for their dinner. It was AMAZING!!

There is a camp store with all things fishing, plus a few other things you might need. They sell firewood on site here.

There is a really nice wildflower walking trail that you can walk to from the campground. There is a playground and amphitheater as well. A small wedding took place while we were here and that was nice (even though they left lots of fake flowers behind on the ground, so I got that cleaned up).

Beware: The sites along the River are very close together and many of them have the picnic tables on the wrong side. Kinda strange if you are next to someone with their table on the correct side!

Camping /Fishing

We have camped here a couple times and planning to return again. Most sites are level with electric and water hookup however no sewer only a dump station. In the spring of 2020 many sites were under water from the spring rain.

The BEST view!

Private camping spots, with trees separating each site. There’s fit pits, but no rv hook ups and only a couple bathrooms there.
It is considered a national park spot so it’s not set up for rv, but if your van or rv is self standing is perfect!!

Cabins on the water

This is a mixed use place. It appears that there are long time campers, some weekend campers and nice cabins along the River. The White River is incredible with amazing trout fishing, so this is a great place to take in the views of the river! Location is close to town, the Marina & State Park and also Gastons. Giving it 4 stars for the cabins, but not so much for the campground.

Water Adventure

Buffalo Point State Park

Spent some excellent quality family time at Buffalo Point State Park. I think I lucked into my site, because I’ve tried to make reservations since then and it’s always full. Our site was not great, it was long and “thin”, between two roads. From the gravel pad there was a 10 foot area and then the picnic table and grill area. Very strange set up! Right across the road was the River/beach access though! LOVE the river, so clear! Awesome “beach” area with plenty of room to walk, play and set up your chair. The Showerhouse was in good shape and maintained. The tent area had some nice site above the river and was packed as well. We hiked, canoed and relaxed!

Awesome place

This place was pretty cool. We just won't go in the middle of July again.

Great Campground on awesome River

Very well kept and cool campground!! Spacious site with nice level pads. Grill and fire ring at every sit. Water spigots located through campground for water. We were here during off season so very quiet.

Gorgeous!

Road is kinda sketchy on the way up but the bluffs are fantastic!

Arbys in area (;