Wood Trap , ARIZONA

Most Recent Wood Trap Camping Reviews
Quiet, Spacey and FREE

My road dog and I have been traveling the country for a few weeks now and this is probably the best campground that we’ve found so far. It’s spacious, there’s not a lot of people and it’s just far enough from the hwy that we can’t hear any traffic. The night sky is lit with millions of stars. It’s a great place to camp, weather you’re in an rv or a tent.

Breath taking views!

Easy in and out campsites. Gorgeous views! Close to Prescott.

Compleat package!

Such a beautiful place! Amazing views of Granite Mt, great hiking trails. Feels out in the wilds but less than 10 miles from Prescott.

Not impressed

We arrived late so it was very dark. The signage was very difficult to see and no one was available to help us find our spot. Cell reception and internet were terrible. The employee at the entrance told us what spot we were in, but said sometimes people took them, so just find another spot and let them know where we landed. 🤷‍♀️ Which is what happened. We found a spot in area H, hooked up and went to sleep. Woke up at 6:45 with the neighbors dog barking A LOT! At 7:30 another neighbor was blasting AC/DC! And at 8:00 the barking dog people were blowing bubbles for their 3 under 8 years old children, screaming and giggling 5 feet from my RV! Needless to say, we moved to another spot for the 2nd night. It was quieter, but the whole vibe of the park was unorganized and the overall impression we got was an unfriendly, cranky bunch that lived there.

exactly what was needed

the host clifford makes this dispersed site easy to navigate. sometimes finding places like this can be awkward, but his signs and care for the experience make this a fantastic place to be in the northern arizona desert. the sunsets. the sunrises. the coyotes howling. this is a really good spot.

Campground

Full. Very popular. Nice if you can get it. Fishing and horses.

Very nice state park

We pulled in for a night. Very nice facilities and nice helpful camp hosts. Campsites are nice and roomy. Full hookups are nice.

Great time for young and old

Playground for the minds… peaceful lake with benches and fishing for the more seasoned. Highly recommend.

Nothing special

Big open parking area before heading to trail head. A little tight getting to the trailhead with small sites off the road where I saw a few van dwellers and just before the trail head was a vaulted toilet, I never checked it out. Once you made it to the trailhead, there’s a parking area and if to continue on a small road from the parking area it will take you to where most of the sites are located. Not very many, only a few unless you don’t mind being on top of each other and only a couple are somewhat level. If you have 4 wheel drive and tent camping, then you can continue on, but it’s pretty steep and flat level ground is at a minimum. The view didn’t seem too special, probably wrong time of the year (March). You can hike down Badger Springs trail that leads you down to Badger Springs wash where theirs only puddles here and there and a couple areas that might be more than a couple feet deep. I wasn’t impressed, but I was able to stretch out the legs. If you need to shut down for the night and don’t mind traffic noise, the best bet would be the big open parking area before Badger Springs rd. Otherwise most rv’s could make it down to the trailhead and spend the day there, just be careful, it’s like a one lane road. I had 1-2 bars on T-Mobile and 2-3 on Verizon.

Nice Canpground

It was a nice campground and close to Jerome for some fun. It was really really hot when I was there so I’d plan to go back when it is cooler.