Chiawuli Tak , ARIZONA

Camping Arizona Chiawuli Tak

Most Recent Chiawuli Tak Camping Reviews
Really great campground

This campground is really nice and very well maintained. Upon entry into the campground, signs were up saying the place was full. Was so glad I made reservations online through their website. Check-in was very easy and all campground staff seem very friendly. There are several camp hosts, it looks like one per loop.

The sites are all gravel and most seem fairly level. Most seem to be back in and some can be a bit tricky for the less experienced. There are some pull through sites, but not very many.

The scenery is really nice, but there are also many scenic pull over sites along the ride in, but best to go after you unhook your rig as they don't to be large enough to accommodate trailers or large rigs.

There are very nice clean bathrooms with running water and a sink behind them for washing dishes. I only saw grills in some tent only sites, so bring your own if you want to grill some food.

The sites seem to be separated by a lot of vegetation, but voices do carry, Lots of family and dogs walking. Everybody seemed very friendly. Although Covid is still a real threat, he only people I saw wearing masks were the employees, so social distance is very important.

All sites have 30 amp hookups, but water and dump stations are available. There are also water spigots throughout the camp. They also request you separate your trash for recycle and recycle bins are available.

I do prefer BLM camping for the privacy, but there are none I could find in this area. This place was a really nice place to stay, and they do have a 7 say strictly enforced limit. Peak season is January 1st through March 31st.

AMAZING!

One of the best cleanest camp sites we’ve been to. Great relaxing for the week! Bring lights for the hood of your car or a light string to put around where you park so the pack rats don’t eat the warm cables in your engine!

Possibly my favorite ever

We’ve camped a lot and been to tons of state and national parks us RV parks. This one is probably my favorite of anywhere we have been. The sites for the most part are private and large and level. Lots of access to water. Bathrooms are clean (if you’re using them during Covid) and a dishwashing station. Most folks are masked which I appreciate too. Very quiet and very clean. Front office staff is helpful and efficient. There is also a little lending library and a bird game spot. Easy access to the NP. Would definitely stay again.

No thrills, great value

This is a great campground for RV hookup. If you’re looking for a great value this is the place. Anne takes a little to get used to, but has a huge heart and takes care of her tenants. I fully recommend this this site.

Surrounded by Saguaros 🌵

This campground was great. We were only there one night passing through, but found everything we needed. We were on the west side and had a great view of the gorgeous sunset. There were a few tent sites but overall it seems oriented to RVs/vans, etc. Great facilities, too. While we weren’t working those days, there was a good AT&T signal. I would definitely stay longer if in the area!

Totally amazing campsite

Absolutely stay here, you won’t regret it. Great cell signal on both Verizon and AT&T, good electric, easy access and beautiful sites. Feels like you’re in the Saguaro Desert surrounded by tall cacti and beautiful sunsets.

The Quintessential BLM Campground

Date of Stay: 1/20/21 Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek w/ tow-behind popup

I was a bit wary of this campground due to lack of reviews, but after an unsuccessful attempt to camp at another campground close to Saguaro NP East, we decided to give this site a go - and I’m SO glad we did. This is the perfect BLM campground - very dispersed, quiet, and FREE!

We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon with only about two other groups there. Directions from the Dyrt are perfectly accurate, but the turn is a bit tricky to see, as it is a narrow dirt road surrounded by brush. You can actually turn left or right when prompted by directions, but we went right and drove about ¾ of a mile down (you’ll see a sign addressed to campers so you’ll know you’re in the right place). Road is mostly very flat but does have the occasional bump/washout, and there is no shortage of rocks. Had no problem in my vehicle w/ trailer.

I honestly don’t know how many “campsites” are here, as they seem to be scattered pretty randomly around. There are little side roads that branch off the main road as well, we went down one of those and found a quaint little spot with camper-made fire pit that isn’t visible to the main road. Because of this, I would highly recommend arriving to this spot during the day, as we would have never found our great spot had it been dark.

As for the spot itself, it isn’t the prettiest because it’s mostly desert brush and dirt, but the Saguaros most definitely make up for it. Our specific campsite is marked by a towering, twenty-foot high Saguaro that I love waking up to every morning. There is little to no shade, but during the winter, the sun is very welcome. As for wildlife, we’ve seen several coyotes and roadrunners but not much else, at least during the day.

Location of this site is optimal - about five minutes from a local mart with all essentials, and ten from a Speedway and Dollar General. About 35 minutes from Saguaro West/Mountain Park and the same into central Tucson. Overall, I highly recommend this site for any avid BLM camper who is accustomed to no amenities. This may be my favorite BLM site I’ve ever camped.

Excellent for RVer's, ok for tents

I thought the sites were all decent sized. Almost the entire campground is set up for RV's but most of the sites don't have anyone behind them and are spacious, so tents would be fine in those spots if you don't mind an RV a site over. The couple tent spots they have are okay. All 5 of them are right off of the road so they have more noise traffic. I think our spot in B2 was the most private and away from the road. The restrooms are clean. There's also a nice dishwashing sink. The location is ideal for exploring the west side (Tucson Mountain District) of Saguaro National Park. The stars here were great and I love the sound of the coyotes in the night.

Beautiful Saguaros!

Relatively easy access from main road for most any vehicle, just take it slow and watch for ruts, especially after a rain.

There are many cool places to pull off and camp, but stay on established open spaces, we saw little baby things trying to grow all over the place so don’t squash them. We arrived on a Wednesday, and it was peaceful and quiet and serene until that Friday, when a group of guffawing dude-bros took up camp across the road from us. Voices carry here, especially this type of voice. The ranger drove down Pipeline Rd in a truck to check on things several times, something I always appreciate.

You can hear road noise the closer you are to the main road (W Avra Valley Rd), especially trucks driving to and from the quarry, which can sound like thunder. Beautiful landscape, saguaros everywhere, beautiful sunrise and sunset, very peaceful despite the truck noise. If we had a rig that could make it in further we would have camped further away from the road to minimize the noise. Pretty regular traffic going in and out on Pipeline Rd, campers and ATVers.

Free range cattle also in the area.

Good verizon and AT&T service.

Great Hiking

I camped in H loop (first come, first serve) over the new year for several days. The Campground’s three loops were crowded and not much space between sites. H loop offered the best chance to snag a site with shrubbery for screening and I took #6 after two nights in #25 which had roadway on three sides so was noisy😕. There are flush toilets but no showers. Extensive hiking trails traverse the Tucson Mountains and into the Saguaro National Park for spectacular scenery. It’s all about the cactus. Just Incredible, amazing and awesome all at once.

Year 2021 Flag