The best RV SITES camping near
Alder Springs , ALABAMA

Most Recent Alder Springs Camping Reviews
Great Campground with Top Notch Staff

My boyfriend and I stayed here for Valentine's Day weekend (2 night stay). I had intended to go south for warmer weather. It's not what we got, BUT we had such a pleasant stay nonetheless!

We stayed in Site 14, a pull through site towards the middle of the loop. None of the sites are secluded, but they aren't right on top of each other either. You can definitely see and hear your neighbors' sites.

We drove in late on Friday night (after 9:00 pm). The fog was so bad, we couldn't see further than 5 feet in front of us! With GPS, we were able to make it to the state park entrance. We were greeted by a wonderful gentleman who gave us directions to the campground.

Upon arriving at the gate of the campground, the host came out on a golf cart and guided us directly to our site. He brought us firewood and made sure we were in the site safely. The staff members at the SP were stand outs! Super friendly and helpful!

The fog ended up freezing on to everything, but we still managed to get out and about! Even made the short trip out to Fagan Creek Falls near the picnic area.

The bath house was super warm! Showers were great and the stalls were kept clean! The campground is pet friendly too.

Overall, a wonderful experience! We will definitely be returning!

Huge Water Fall and Bike Trails

Nice campground with all the amenities.  Here you can swim in the pool, play with your kids on the play ground or take them on walk to view the waterfall . Noccalula Falls is a very large water fall and spectacular to see.  The campground is located super close to the falls. There is a mountain bike trail system can be jumped on straight from the campground. I would also recommend a visit to back forty brewery if you enjoy libations. Being the 2nd oldest brewery in Alabama they've got the beer brewing thing pretty well dialed. I would say the only draw back here is that the campsites are pretty close together, but if you don't mind close neighbors then you well feel right at home here.

Great Hiking and Gardens

We loved it here and can’t wait to go back! The campsites were a little close together, but it was very doable. We had extremely foggy, wet weather (I’m pretty sure we were in a low cloud all weekend), but it’s things like that that make memorable trips!

Lots of hiking in the park, plus the gorgeous Japanese Gardens was a huge bonus! Highly recommend the Stone Cuts Trail!

The camp office has a few supplies if needed. The host sells firewood, but it was still too fresh for us to burn, so we had to leave camp to go buy wood somewhere else.

Amazing spot!

We found this spot on the Dyrt a few days ago! Put together a last minute camping trip with some other college students. Very cheap, clean and friendly! Most of the camp is for dirt bike riding but the park was almost empty at the end of the night! If it’s in the off season bring a table! Also it looked like a lot of renovations were happening in the camp! Definitely will go back.

Great location

This campground is in a great location with amazing trails, history stops, waterfalls, and more located very close by. The owner stopped by our RV to welcome us and is very friendly and helpful. Upon booking, she sent links of great places to visit so we could better plan our stay. She was readily available by phone and made the check in process very quick and easy. We had a very generous spot and were able to receive the WIFI! The campground is hilly, which makes it even more appealing for me as I wanted to camp in the mountains amongst nature. Although hilly, our site was quite level and easy to get to. I would recommend this campground, especially if you enjoy nature in all its natural beauty!

Picturesque

There isn’t anywhere that doesn’t have a view connected to a great golf course and fishing that can’t be beat. Can get crowded but has places to get away on trails and the water

Far better places to go

Staff is like socialist dictators and act as if you are in their way. Don't go in the office without a mask, they act as if you are Chinese Virus positive. Amenities are closed for Covid except the money making ones….game room, tv room, washers & dryers and library.

Activities~ GREAT Sites~ NOT so great

Sites~ most are SMALL and right next to your neighbor. Some have more space but all in all its tight. Driving into the campground and finding your site is TIGHT as well.

Bathhouse~ it's okay. Clean and well maintained. 3 stalls with a double curtain but no shower stall doors.

Activities~ It's why we keep going back! The hiking is great and there is always something new to see. If it's hot you can play in the river. After Thanksgiving the gardens next door have a fabulous Christmas light display.

Great vacation spot

GPS took us in a very rural way with lots of twisty roads. One there we found an open spot on our own since it was a holiday the office was closed. Full hook ups and a fairly level grass pad. Not bad for an overnight. There are tons of thing to do here especially if you like to fish!

Big Wills Creek campground and tubing

Ok so things might have changed since my stay. But as it was when I stayed which was July 11th it was a free for all when it came to getting a site. They give you a sight number but your not guaranteed that spot as I found out when arriving to see someone else in my spot looking at me all stupid lol… I was a bit aggravated by this but you can apparently choose any open sight if there is one. The other problem was people who tube there parking in the camping site's so you didn't have access to the site's.That has been changed because I went back to tube and they posted signs stating campers only no tubers park in camping area. The tubing is fun and the powered camp sites are limited but are right next to the water which is nice. They have showers but are located at the entrance of the campground so you have to drive to them. Also bring your own tube as they do not rent them currently due to covid and are expensive there if you buy from them. Went to dollar general not far from there and got some for 5 dollars. As far as the tubing you can tube until you get tired of it your not limited to how many times you can tube and they pick you up and take you back to the launch area and appreciate tips. They do have bathrooms close to camp area and a playground for kids and other activities for adults like cornhole and a huge outdoor pool table. They also have a laundry mat and a store with supplies.So overall the price is good and a great place to visit, camp, and tube.