Yurts
About Noccalula Falls Campground
County
Noccalula Falls Campground is located in Alabama
12 Reviews of Noccalula Falls Campground
Loads of fun and history!

This place has a heartfelt history with the Indians and loads of stuff to do! There is a petting zoo, hiking trails, campgrounds, swimming spots, train to ride, and during the winter they have a light show!

Amazing sight right in Gadsden AL

We were pleased with the setup of this park and of course the beautiful Noccalula Waterfall!! We did a Girls trip with my 11 year old daughter and her friend. We loved the hiking down to the beach of the falls as well as finding the secret path to the rocks behind the falls. It’s beautiful and a great trip for children, youth, teens and adults! The Waterfall is definitely an AL Bucket List item, everyone should see. Nice park, and exceptional campgrounds. Loved it All!!

Great experience but a little too close

This is a very well maintained campground with plenty to do. The facilities are very clean and management is very friendly. The only issue we had was the sites are extremely close together. However, if you had a group going together with multiple campers it would be awesome.

Amazing waterfall!

We love the falls! Always a go to

One our favorites

So much to do for kids and adults!!! Great place!!

Great city park

The campground is a little tight but the amenities make up for it. The site was level with good utilities. Good WiFi and cable tv. The adjoining park and trail was great.

Memorial Day fun!

Nice and shady campground! Nice pool, bath houses and laundromat. Friendly staff…security guard 24/7…beautiful hiking..some advanced trails

Convenient

RV and tent sites, pool, clean bathrooms (running water, showers, toilets), close to gas stations, food, and a dollar general smaller sized campround. the falls makes it worth the stay. easy gravel walking/biking trails. Trails around and beneath the falls.

Breathtaking Falls

Love seeing such a beautiful waterfall, not far from family. Enjoyed being able to walk to the Noccalula Falls Park & enjoyed spending time with my family. Everything is very clean & well taken care of.

Overated

After visiting here as a kid with my family I was very excited recently to take my wife and show her the amazing waterfall everyone talks about but I have to say that I was thoroughly underwhelmed. On this most recent visit I noticed a bunch of changes that have been made that take away some of the enjoyment of the space and the campground. First off it feels very touristy and commercialized. There is a fee just to go down to the bottom of the falls and the view from the top is all railed off so it doesn’t feel natural at all. You used to be able to walk on the rocks above the falls but it is all now paved and fenced off so you have very little access to explore. The falls themselves are pretty but get lost in the human build environment that surrounds them. In terms of the campground it is a classic packed RV site. It seems mostly designed for people coming to spend time in this town and visit the falls. I am personally more attracted to places that feel more wild or secluded and this was the opposite of both of those. The nice thing is that you can get hookups for your RV and there are tons of covered picnic areas for group events. It is also located about a 2 minute drive from all kinds of restaurants and grocery stores so you wont run in to the issue of missing any supplies. Overall, I would suggest checking out one of the more nature focused locations in the area if you are anything like me.