The look in a child’s eyes as they discover the wonders of the natural world can warm the heart of any outdoor lover.
But for parents, there’s a lot more to it than a cute moment in the forest. Before the joy of getting outside with our kids, there’s the daunting reality of bringing them into the wild. There are new things to experience, but there also new challenges to overcome.
This is why Hike It Baby was created. Hike it Baby is a global community focused on getting families outside in a fun, safe, and supportive group setting. The Hike It Baby website provides a variety of ways for you to get involved. You can attend local group hikes for kids and families or become an ambassador to organize and lead local group events and hikes.
30 Heartwarming Hiking Pictures of Kids from Hike it Baby
Children are wide-eyed and enchanted by the things that we often take for granted when we get out to hike or camp. They help us to remember why we love to spend time in these places so much to begin with. With the help of our friends at Hike It Baby, we’ve compiled a bunch of adorable hiking pictures of kids with their parents.
We’re so inspired by these parents who are willing to venture out with their little ones, to show them how beautiful and fun it is out there!
Maybe, through these images, we can all be reminded to revel a little more in the small joys we encounter during our next outdoor adventure.
1. A bird? A plane? A kid just loving the desert.
2. Discovering the silky feel of wet moss on rocks.
3. Pure joy.
4. Hiking buddies for life.
5. Stump? Chair? What is the difference?
6. Cooling off by the creek.
7. I’ve got your back.
8. Love you, Mom.
9. Couldn’t resist recreating the Lion King.
10. Let’s build a fort.
11. Hiking is great when you can hitch a ride.
12. Ants on a log.
13. Beauty magnified.
14. Hide and Seek — Forest Edition.
15. Just don’t look down, kid.
16. River stone stepping = playing lava in the wild.
17. Keep your eyes on the skies.
18. Forest Friends
19. No matter how old you are, it feels amazing to reach the summit.
20. Aimlessly wandering.
21. Exploring forest of cacti and rivers of sand.
22. Quiet moments on the trail.
23. Shared Happiness
24. Squirrel Meets Baby
25. All work and all play.
26. Are we there yet?
27. Balancing Acts
29. A beginners course for climbing.
30. You can fly!