About Wisconsin Dells KOA

When you’re traveling and looking for a home away from home, peaceful and wooded, in an area where fun is a vacation theme, you’ll find the Wisconsin Dells area and KOA Campground ready. Settle into a site just right for you with accommodations for all RV sizes and camping styles. Then, explore the Dells for a summer adventure you’ll never forget!

Fee Info
All rates are based on 2 adults and your dependent children.
Private
Wisconsin Dells KOA is located in Wisconsin
Directions
2 miles off I-90/94. From east take Exit 87: Hwy 13 N, left at third stoplight on Stand Rock Rd. From west take Exit 85: Left on Hwy 12, left on County A, right on Stand Rock Rd (before bridge). GPS: N43.635956, W89.785472
7 Reviews of Wisconsin Dells KOA
Great KOA close to town

We were only here for one night but really enjoyed this campground. The back in site we had was very spacious and private. The bathrooms were in good shape and there was a lot of shade around the campground. This KOA has a nice pool area and is walking / biking distance to downtown Wis Dells. Only negative I can say is that the camp store was on the small side, but that’s a minor complaint. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Near The Wis-Dells

Small clean park. Super tight sites. Nice little pool and splash pad. Camp store and polite staff. They actually vacuum out the fire pits after each camper. Nearly no privacy, but you’re probably net here for the nature. Spendy but secure.

Good campground for families with kids

A central playground and pool are the biggest draws for families with kids. There's also a prospecting 'sluice' that you can buy for the kids to look for 'fossils' and interesting rocks.

The campground is located just north of the main attractions of Wisconsin Dells.

Campsites are not overly generous in size -- typical KOA, where some are 'stacked like cordwood'. Don't go there if you want any privacy from your neighbors.

Cabins are available for those wanting to 'camp' without a camper.

Very small dog park area.

Friendly check in staff. However, we were given a map with our campsite noted and told to wait for a person driving a golf cart to escort us and help us get situated. We waited…and waited…and waited…golf carts came and went, but passed us by. We finally gave up waiting and found out site by ourselves.

Fun, but crowded

It is always clean and amenities are nice. Not a place if you want seclusion.

entertaining!

had a lot of fun on our short visit, it you definitely need to stay longer than a day to see everything!

Kid fun!

Nice pool, awesome aqua pad for the kids and game room. No child will be disappointed here!

Great location, close to everything but on a private road away from noise

My family and I stayed at this Wisconsin Dells KOA location for two nights (site 61) as the first stop on a 3+ week trip, and it fully met our expectations. The hosts and office workers were very nice when we checked in and each time we visited the large camp store / office, and the campground itself was one of the nicest KOAs we’ve camped at. Our site was level and had everything we needed (fire ring, picnic table, electric), and was across the road from a wonderful bathhouse / restroom. The facilities were very clean, and we appreciated that the showers (3 or 4, including a handicap one and a family one) each had separate entrance doors - you don’t see that often. The kids loved the pool and splash pad as well.

This was our first time to the Wisconsin Dells area and I’m not a huge fan of ‘tourist trap towns’, so I liked the fact that the KOA was actually located about a mile and a half down a side road off one of the main routes in the area. The main reason we chose to stop here was to visit the water parks, specifically Noah’s Ark, and the ‘largest waterpark in the US’ (and Wisconsin Dells is known as the ‘water park capital of the US’) did not disappoint. It was not the ‘nicest’ water park we’ve ever been to, but the rides were great and everyone had an absolute blast.

On a bit of a whim, I bought tickets to the night-time Tommy Bartlett show on nearby Lake Delton since the water park closed relatively early. They bill it as a “ski, sky, and stage” show; I had never heard of it prior to arriving in Wisconsin Dells, but apparently it’s a bit of a Big Deal for the area. We were a bit skeptical, but honestly everyone in our family loved it - it was a great time. The first hour or so is a water ski stunt show with a bunch of different acts doing all kinds of different stuff on the water and over the jumps (including a clown that was actually funny, and I’m pretty sure that’s the first time I’ve ever said that about a clown), and the second hour is almost like a miscellaneous ‘talent show’ style production, also with a variety of acts including the famous ‘Christian and Scooby’ from America’s Got Talent. All-in-all, it was just FUN, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

For food in the area, we ate at High Rock Cafe in downtown Wisconsin Dells and the Dells Pizza Lab closer to the KOA, and I would highly recommend both. The cafe is great with reasonable prices and some healthier options and some great draft options. The Pizza Lab I was a little hesitant about because I thought it sounded too kid-oriented, but it was awesome. Really fantastic custom pizzas (and salads), or you can go with one of their own creations. They ALSO had great beers on draft, including our favs from New Glarus Brewing.