The best BOAT IN camping near
Kitchen , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Kitchen Camping Reviews
Nice Camground - Hard to reserve RV Sites

As the title says, it is a nice campground, and we would recommend it to anyone, but actually getting a reservation is difficult. I tried for two years before I finally got a reservation. While we were camping (last weekend in March), I checked again and it was all booked up 😨 all summer, crazy. Primitive sites are easy to reserve, and they are in a nice little holler, that offers plenty of shade from the sun, which will be nice in the summer.

They have nice bathrooms/showers/toilets. Need updated but cleanliness is what matters most. Laundry facilities on site too. Wifi available bc there is no LTE service. We love fishing on Paintsville Lake! The boat dock is just above the playground and basketball/volleyball courts, plus there are plenty of places to fish on the bank. Gorgeous views. The Marina has a restaurant in in, but we didn’t get the chance to try it. There is also a gas station 2-3mins up the road that has firewood and propane. It is 10 mins from town too. It is right on the lake so expect geese poop. And as for doggie poop, they even have poo bag stations set up in several different places! Of course we bring our own, but it’s the first campground I’ve seen offer that.

The RV sites are level with gravel and spaced apart. If you’re thinking about camping here AND can get a reservation, do it.

Still our favorite campground

Always clean sites well spaced out.

Lots of space

One of my favorite Ky state campgrounds. Plenty of space between campsites. Just wish they had sewer hookups…

Calm lake experience

Great place for kayaking on a beautiful lake nestled in the mountains of Fayette county

Nice sites amenities satisfactory kids loved it!! Nice family atmosphere.

Free Free

I don’t have a lot to add to the other reviews, yes, it’s very close to a roadway and train tracks, but it’s free!

Gorgeous View and Next to River

Amazing!!! Waking up with the sound of birds and water it’s just amazing! Beautiful campground ⛺️ Near the falls and has a boat ramp right next to it!

Near boat ramp

So I came to this campground because it’s free. I arrived and found the dump station and filled my water tank with potable water, when I moved onto the three spots available (only one was taken) I read the sign that clearly says only RV’s and Trailers allowed and all other will be towed at owners expense. well I have an all white converted sprinter and from the outside it just looks like a working van. Although I can prove that my van is an RV I didn’t feel like waking up in the middle of the night on a moving van that is being towed, sooo just in case I left and drive 20 min to Cabelas.

Absolutely stunning views

Probably the best view I ever had traveling in the RV. This place has 39 full hookup sites right on New River. It's small and not much to it but still a nice place to stay. There is a small playground, bathroom/laundry house and an off that sells fishing supplies. You can recycle aluminum cans here (wish more campgrounds had recycling). Main downside for us is Verizon service is terrible. Perfect for the weekend getaway but not during work hours. AT&T is flawless though. It was raining the first few days we were here and it didn't get disgustingly muddy. Neighboring towns to the east are pretty run down but further west are thriving. Camp owners are lovely people too. Would totally stay again. Walking distance to a market that want really stocked well, mostly empty shelves (granted we were also here in covid times so that might be a factor) and a Dollar General/CVS.

Absolutely stunning views