the dyrt
Drive In, Walk In, Hike In, Boat In
Yatesville Lake State Park is located in Kentucky
7 Reviews of Yatesville Lake State Park
Quiet and beautiful

The campground has some really nice sites. Most are pretty level, but bring some blocks just in case. Some of the campsites are shaded and some are directly in the sun (18, 19, 21, 22, & 23). There was one (20) that you parked on beside the road and had to go down stairs to get to your picnic table and fire pit. We stayed on 15 at the end of a loop, kind of secluded. I definitely liked the loop that had sites 1 thru 15. Ours was further from the shower house (which was clean and typical of a state park), but there was a flushing bathroom at the end of the loop for our use. Nice hiking trails and beautiful scenery. There was a boat in campground closer to the lake. The trails led down to the lake at spots. The boat ramp was just a short drive over the hill and easy access. Fishing was great. We caught catfish, bass, bluegill, and crappie. Hosts were wonderful. We camped in a tent, but will return in our camper next summer.

Still our favorite in KY

Great sites, clean bath houses, and awesome lake and marina.

One of our favorites

This is our favorite campground, it’s small, quiet, very clean and site are not crammed together.

Great water campground

This is s great place to be on the water. It’s all things lake related. We really enjoyed the Beech but the jet skis are really fun.

It's a man made lake. Not real pretty. It's "ok". Town doesn't offer much

There's grocery, Walmart, and usual fast foods. Camp ground is "ok" if you just are camping, and not expecting much else to do. I live within 3 miles of the marina and 8 from the camping. It's OK for locals but if I was on a real vacation in wouldn't stay here.

superb park

I have this goofy tradition that we want to get to all the state parks when we live in a state and this was one of the last parks on our list for KY so we did just a day trip, with the intention of returning but it never happened. There is a nice golf course in the park and boating was a popular activity. We had a great picnic on the water too. Because we had the intention of returning with a boat next time, we did drive through the campground and noted that the sites were decent. The boat launch near was good as well. It was a pretty open campground but some sites seemed like they would feel more secluded. Sites were large though!

Spent at least a week here every summer

It's been a few years since I've visited Yatesville Lake State Park Campgrounds but it used to be a staple of my summer. The campsites are a LONG distance from each other. You won't even hear your neighbors. The sites are also a LONG distance from the parking areas. Be prepared to pack in any gear you bring (and also pack it out).

There are lots of hiking trails located throughout the campground so you don't have to look very far to find a trail to get on.

Each site has a grated fire pit as well as a picnic table and a pole for hanging food.

A lot of the sites back up against the lake so you have easy access for swimming (and getting poison ivy!)

I hope I can get back to Yatesville soon!