Whittier , WASHINGTON

Most Recent Whittier Camping Reviews
Very quiet with wide spaces.

Great little area to camp with plenty of sun and shade.

Dispersed camping on the Middle Fork Snoqualmie River

There are several pullout towards the end of the Middle Fork Road that offer access to the river and dispersed tent campsites. These are in National Forest Land NOT in DNR land where dispersed camping has different regulations.

Great views of the river and the mountains above. No facilities and no cell-reception.

Great place to relax and ride ORVs

This is a great place to camp and ride ORVs they have a beginners loop trailhead attached to this site as well as a trail head to a larger trail system. I’ve been coming here since a child and I bring my kids here to learn how to ride and enjoy all the great outdoor have to offer.

Fee is $5 per night

Beautiful Getaway Close to Seattle

Loved Kanaskat Palmer. Stayed in spot 13 - each site seems to have a trail connecting to the outer trail that runs along the river. Big entertainment for three boys who explored the woods and played on the rocks and in the eddy pools at the public river take-out. Bathrooms are super nice - each is private with a shower. Camp staff were pleasant and helpful.

Alpine camping in Washington State

Nestled in the mountains with a German Bavarian feel this is a wonderful, peaceful, and wooded campground.

Fishing abounds, winter sports are nearby and the town of Leavenworth is an awesome place to visit anytime of the year.

Convenient location near Seattle

As always, KOA park personnel are helpful and welcoming. This KOA appears to always be busy but there were plenty of spaces. We had made our 4-day long reservations a week in advance in mid-April. The site had an asphalt pad and grass, but was narrow. The power post was in good shape along with the water service. The sewer connection was topless but serviceable.

The welcome pamphlet has no rules on it but frequent campers should know the usual courtesies anyway. Our space was a pull through with 30-amps. We have a 35’ fifth-wheel and a Ram 3500 truck with an 8’ bed. The truck and trailer fit nicely. Unfortunately I didn’t park back in my space far enough to leave room for my unhitched truck and had to park with my wheels partially on the grass. We left the park for some activities and received a polite request to either park so we wouldn’t have our tires on the grass or use the overflow parking. Reminder received and corrected.

The location is excellent. Close enough or far enough to Seattle if you need to go there for some reason. I recommend avoiding the city of Seattle for any reason. The city council and mayor are doing their best to destroy this once beautiful and welcoming city.

Convenient, clean

I’ll start with the thing to be aware of: you’ll be camping 200’ from I-90. But we found our ear plugs did a good job of quieting that noise enough for us to get a good sleep.

Once inside the park you’ll find it clean and green. The bathrooms are really clean and the showers are great. It has water, electric, sewage, fair WiFi and washer/ driers.

Disappointed

I didn’t call ahead but when I got there the gate was locked mid day 4/6/21. Very close to the freeway and didn’t look like much to do. Was hoping for something close to water.

Great hiking! 30’ RV, dry camped

We went here in October and dry camped with our 30’ Motorhome so not the typical experience others would have in a true RV site. I only took away a star because it was advertised as ok for a Motorhome but the gravel pull through was so not level the jacks pushed the front tires 6 inches off the ground. But there was lots of private space and the trails were beautiful as they wrapped around the river. Lots of great fishing spots.