About Lake Easton State Park
Price
$25.00 - $35.00
Lake Easton State Park is located in Washington
11 Reviews of Lake Easton State Park

Nice for camping in the snow.

Freeway noise

We've stayed here twice with other families. Once at the group site and once at other sites next to each other. If you are going with a large group you are much better off booking sites together as far away from the freeway as possible. The group site is incredibly loud because it is so close to I-90. I drempt all night that a semi-truck was running me over. Not exactly a relaxing experience. I have not experienced the hook up sites, only the standard campground. Maybe it's less noisy there? The lake is beautiful, but we had to drive from our site to get to the beach. The facilities are well maintained. If you want a shower be sure to visit the token machine at the ranger station first. There are other more quiet campgrounds you could choose if you want to get away from the noise of a busy life. I'm not sure I would pick this one again, but the lake makes a great day trip.

Great Campground for Kids and Families

This campground is very clean with beautiful, new shower and bathroom facilities. The individual campsites are well-maintained and free of garbage or damage. The staff are friendly and helpful. Everyone that we met, including campers, were considerate families that had brought along bikes for their children. Apparently this is THE place to bring the 4-10 year old group for bike riding. They are all over the place! Dogs abound, but are on leash and seemed well behaved. While at Lake Easton, I rode bikes with my six year-old, hiked, did all of the other regular camp activities, and ventured out to nearby Cle Elum and Roslyn for day trips. We were able to leave our tent up and our gear seemed secure in our absence.

Here was the only drawback: the upper loop of campsites is very near to I-90, and because of that, pretty noisy. Nobody’s kids seemed to mind; I discussed it with other parents, but I had to buy some ear plugs to get to sleep. Seriously great place to camp, but bring earplugs if you have a spot reserved on the upper loop. According to camp staff, the lower loop is MUCH quieter.

Overall, a great destination for families who want an easy spot for camping with kids and bikes, but also might want to try a variety of activities, and take in some other sights.

Couple things to add...

Pretty good reviews here but I'd add a couple things. There are two campgrounds on either side of the park. One has at least two loops of tent sites (no hookups) with water, flush toilets and showers. This site is below the dam that creates Lake Easton. There's a nice river walk tail along the Yakima River but no lake view. There is also a very busy rail line immediately on the other side of the river. Many campers have mentioned the freeway traffic noise in this park but I was bothered much more by the rail noise. There's a small switching yard only about a mile away from the site in the town of Easton. The horns and start up of these huge trains at 3 AM sound like the end of the world!

The site on the opposite side of the park (NW) has one loop of full hookups, asphalt parking pads for RV's and is on a bluff overlooking the lake. The views will take your breath away! While you are well away from the rail noise, this campground is much closer to the freeway. Depending of the time of day (and the number of motorcycles going by) it can be a little difficult to hear conversation.

Both spots are very pretty but you have to "pick your poison" when it comes to the noise.

Overall good!

Bit noisy with I-90 traffic. Out spot was nice and closed off, but many others were very open. Loved exploring around the lake and saw many small beaches along the nature trails!

Good one night stay if you’re in Seattle or Wenatchee

There were many people staying here but it was surprisingly quiet at night which was nice. The photos on the state park site show the site we were going to stay at was surrounded by trees but when we got there about 1/3 of the the trees around the sites were cut down. That was a little disappointing. But my husband enjoyed it because he’s more a city guy and liked seeing people around us :). It’s also a bit close to the hwy so you’ll here cars going by. Other than that it was easy to get fire wood, nice fire pits with grates and close to the river. Easy for a one night car camping stay.

Perfect for a one night stay

This was a lovely campsite. It was smaller, yet felt large enough so you had your own privacy and space. There were clean facilities available, as well as drinking water and trash bins. Our lot was spacious with a nice picnic table, fire pit, and area for our two person tent. Everyone around us was respectful of one another and wasn't too loud late at night. There are trails behind the campsite that lead down to the river, or just a short drive away is the 'beach' and bridge overlooking the lake. It is peaceful and although the highway is close by, seeing the beauty of the area makes you think and feel you are deeper in nature. I would definitely stay here again for a longer period of time!

Cotopaxi Challenge

The park staff was extremely accommodating, especially since we had no reservation and took a chance that at after 9pm we would find a spot. They said we got lucky and were very pleasant. Only downfall, the road noise, but can't complain too much since we did show up last minute.

Lake Easton

This park was awesome! We went for the 4th of July. The park offers hiking trails, lots of day use picinic areas, and of course the lake!

An east trip from Seattle

We've been here a few times only because it has such a nice beach for little kids to swim and play in the sand. They also have a nice playground for kids there too. Worth the trip for day use if you don't want to camp. The camground itself is just okay, as we like more privacy than is afforded in the hookup/west side campground. The north side/tent camground is a good walk to the beach and makes it not so convenient with little kids, but the sites are nice there and more private. Also, nothing like hearing I5 when you are out sleeping in nature 😜. The bathrooms are very clean.