About Lake Easton State Park
$25.00 - $35.00
Lake Easton State Park is located in Washington
13 Reviews of Lake Easton State Park
Beautiful but noisy

This WA state park is one of the most beautiful and well maintained I’ve ever seen. It features nicely paved roads and site pads, ample level tent pads, lots of full hookups and great views of lake Easton nestled amongst tall firs. There is a great swimming area and boat launch as well as playground in the day-use area. The big downside is that it is pretty close to I-90 and road noise is the constant soundtrack. It’s not unusual to see a black bear in this area but they don’t seem to be too big of a problem. This park may not be a destination park, but it’s proximity to Seattle Metro makes it a good stop over.

Noisy freeway, Small site, strict but very clean campground

The campground is very clean and well maintained. I felt like I was in the city. The campsites are small and cramped together, typical state park I guess. There’s playground by the lake and boat launch, but you have to either ride a bike or drive there, there’s no actual trail connect from camp loop to the play area. The ranger was very strict and came around often to Check on dogs, tent on tent pad. The site we got was not near freeway but it was still noisy. Keep in mind, we like camping where we can stretch out and not have to worry about the neighbors.

Nice for camping in the snow.

Freeway noise

We've stayed here twice with other families. Once at the group site and once at other sites next to each other. If you are going with a large group you are much better off booking sites together as far away from the freeway as possible. The group site is incredibly loud because it is so close to I-90. I drempt all night that a semi-truck was running me over. Not exactly a relaxing experience. I have not experienced the hook up sites, only the standard campground. Maybe it's less noisy there? The lake is beautiful, but we had to drive from our site to get to the beach. The facilities are well maintained. If you want a shower be sure to visit the token machine at the ranger station first. There are other more quiet campgrounds you could choose if you want to get away from the noise of a busy life. I'm not sure I would pick this one again, but the lake makes a great day trip.

Great Campground for Kids and Families

This campground is very clean with beautiful, new shower and bathroom facilities. The individual campsites are well-maintained and free of garbage or damage. The staff are friendly and helpful. Everyone that we met, including campers, were considerate families that had brought along bikes for their children. Apparently this is THE place to bring the 4-10 year old group for bike riding. They are all over the place! Dogs abound, but are on leash and seemed well behaved. While at Lake Easton, I rode bikes with my six year-old, hiked, did all of the other regular camp activities, and ventured out to nearby Cle Elum and Roslyn for day trips. We were able to leave our tent up and our gear seemed secure in our absence.

Here was the only drawback: the upper loop of campsites is very near to I-90, and because of that, pretty noisy. Nobody’s kids seemed to mind; I discussed it with other parents, but I had to buy some ear plugs to get to sleep. Seriously great place to camp, but bring earplugs if you have a spot reserved on the upper loop. According to camp staff, the lower loop is MUCH quieter.

Overall, a great destination for families who want an easy spot for camping with kids and bikes, but also might want to try a variety of activities, and take in some other sights.

Couple things to add...

Pretty good reviews here but I'd add a couple things. There are two campgrounds on either side of the park. One has at least two loops of tent sites (no hookups) with water, flush toilets and showers. This site is below the dam that creates Lake Easton. There's a nice river walk tail along the Yakima River but no lake view. There is also a very busy rail line immediately on the other side of the river. Many campers have mentioned the freeway traffic noise in this park but I was bothered much more by the rail noise. There's a small switching yard only about a mile away from the site in the town of Easton. The horns and start up of these huge trains at 3 AM sound like the end of the world!

The site on the opposite side of the park (NW) has one loop of full hookups, asphalt parking pads for RV's and is on a bluff overlooking the lake. The views will take your breath away! While you are well away from the rail noise, this campground is much closer to the freeway. Depending of the time of day (and the number of motorcycles going by) it can be a little difficult to hear conversation.

Both spots are very pretty but you have to "pick your poison" when it comes to the noise.

Overall good!

Bit noisy with I-90 traffic. Out spot was nice and closed off, but many others were very open. Loved exploring around the lake and saw many small beaches along the nature trails!

Good one night stay if you’re in Seattle or Wenatchee

There were many people staying here but it was surprisingly quiet at night which was nice. The photos on the state park site show the site we were going to stay at was surrounded by trees but when we got there about 1/3 of the the trees around the sites were cut down. That was a little disappointing. But my husband enjoyed it because he’s more a city guy and liked seeing people around us :). It’s also a bit close to the hwy so you’ll here cars going by. Other than that it was easy to get fire wood, nice fire pits with grates and close to the river. Easy for a one night car camping stay.

Perfect for a one night stay

This was a lovely campsite. It was smaller, yet felt large enough so you had your own privacy and space. There were clean facilities available, as well as drinking water and trash bins. Our lot was spacious with a nice picnic table, fire pit, and area for our two person tent. Everyone around us was respectful of one another and wasn't too loud late at night. There are trails behind the campsite that lead down to the river, or just a short drive away is the 'beach' and bridge overlooking the lake. It is peaceful and although the highway is close by, seeing the beauty of the area makes you think and feel you are deeper in nature. I would definitely stay here again for a longer period of time!

Cotopaxi Challenge

The park staff was extremely accommodating, especially since we had no reservation and took a chance that at after 9pm we would find a spot. They said we got lucky and were very pleasant. Only downfall, the road noise, but can't complain too much since we did show up last minute.