The best RV SITES camping near
Townes of Ashleigh , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Townes of Ashleigh Camping Reviews
Backcountry with Trail Access

This site is perfect for first time backcountry campers. A two mile trail leads to several campsites that are spaced widely apart. Easy access to rivers/water source. Sites 3 and 7 were my favorite.

Glamping!

We stayed in a yurt, and I’m gonna let the photos do most of the talking👌🏼🛖

We got here super late and we’re still able to check in because they’re at the desk 24/7.

Yurt has a full kitchen and bath. Coffee, popcorn, toiletries, linens provided.

Such a sweet little spot tucked outside of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

*Temporarily Closed*

Searching for camp spots for the weekend and just found out this one is temporarily closed (writing this on 4/14/21). Hope they open again because it looks awesome! 🔥

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a relay course. The trails were nice and clean and despite the weather, the overall grounds were beautiful. Definitely bringing the kids back to his one.

Great campground hidden away in the city. Clean sites include table and fire pit. Restrooms were clean, closed daily for cleaning between 1 pm - 3 pm. Two showers were included but didn’t use it so not sure about pressure or heat. The ranger delivers firewood to your site within about 10-15 min of calling, which was very convenient. Cost was $5 for 8 logs. Dump station and trash were just outside of the loop. Site 6 was good but not for larger rigs. We have a pop up and had to navigate around a tree that would have been very difficult for larger rigs. Site 5 or 7 wouldn’t have that problem. Bring bug and tick spray - definitely need it! We hiked the brown trail and it was a nice walk. We have AT&T and had two bars pretty consistently. We would stay here again.

too many, too close.

Good Sam recommends this campground?

Location on river/bay is good (hence the two stars).

Bathhouses are in disrepair (lost a star).

River is spilling onto some sites (lost a star).

Too many Mobile homes and campers on top of each other, most old (lost a star).

I wish I had loved it.

Amazing

My family and our friends went camping couple of weeks ago. Since it was two hours away from our home it was a bit difficult for us to decide should we go or not due 9 month baby. When we first got there the guy who worked there welcomed us with very friendly manner. That was the first warm impression we had for this campground then he explained every question that we had even though he was busy. Not only the people who are working there is awesome but the camp ground was very clean and had many activities that we all could enjoy. My band had first seesaw ride, swings and had experienced with jump tube. Had little pond looking lake and I don’t know how to explain this. But the whole camp found was perfect getaway for all of us. Also I really care about the cleaners of the bathroom. This place, is very good with cleaning and stocking the materials that people need. I am definitely going back.

Great for hiking and biking!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent two nights. Nice site backing into the woods and the leaves were changing. Great hiking and biking from the campground. Love having the access to the lake. Great areas for dog walking. Family next door was really loud, but not the campgrounds fault.

Nice camping

We were there in March so it was still a bit cold and not really sitting outside and enjoy it weather. The campground was nice and very clean. Our site was not exactly level but I think it was because we were in the first spot on a row and it had a slant. The others looked pretty level. The staff everywhere was amazing and eager to please. I can’t say enough good about the hospitality there! The sites were full hookup. A grill and table and chairs were also available. A fire ring was there also. The laundry facility was very nice and clean… and free. We didn’t take advantage of the multiple activities there but we did see people riding horses. Looked like a good time! We drove about 25 minutes to the Monticello and enjoyed it a lot! Would definitely stay again if we ever find ourselves in the area.