Kimberly Estates , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Kimberly Estates Camping Reviews
Amazing

My family and our friends went camping couple of weeks ago. Since it was two hours away from our home it was a bit difficult for us to decide should we go or not due 9 month baby. When we first got there the guy who worked there welcomed us with very friendly manner. That was the first warm impression we had for this campground then he explained every question that we had even though he was busy. Not only the people who are working there is awesome but the camp ground was very clean and had many activities that we all could enjoy. My band had first seesaw ride, swings and had experienced with jump tube. Had little pond looking lake and I don’t know how to explain this. But the whole camp found was perfect getaway for all of us. Also I really care about the cleaners of the bathroom. This place, is very good with cleaning and stocking the materials that people need. I am definitely going back.

Nice camping

We were there in March so it was still a bit cold and not really sitting outside and enjoy it weather. The campground was nice and very clean. Our site was not exactly level but I think it was because we were in the first spot on a row and it had a slant. The others looked pretty level. The staff everywhere was amazing and eager to please. I can’t say enough good about the hospitality there! The sites were full hookup. A grill and table and chairs were also available. A fire ring was there also. The laundry facility was very nice and clean… and free. We didn’t take advantage of the multiple activities there but we did see people riding horses. Looked like a good time! We drove about 25 minutes to the Monticello and enjoyed it a lot! Would definitely stay again if we ever find ourselves in the area.

Love Prince William Forest

Camped here the first weekend it was open in 2021. Nice campground Bathrooms are clean. Lots of hiking trails.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Simple Adventure

Everything at the park is laid out pretty clearly and straight forward enough so you shouldn't have too many issues. Make sure to have cash to simplify paying for things such as firewood (you can pay upfront).

There are camp toilets with toilet paper and hand sanitizer near the Red 1 tent site (not sure if there are others) which were clean enough. The trails are beautiful and I'm sure there was more to do, but didn't have a chance to see. Definitely a reason to return!

My go to spot

This is one of the best camp grounds in the DC area! There are 9 separate sites in Turkey Run with two bathroom facilities for all 9 sites. There are no showers but campers and staff tent to keep the rest rooms clean.

I have seen a lot of Boy Scout troops use the site year round but it’s also great for families and small groups of friends.

From the site you have access to several hiking trails and you can ride your bike on the Main Street.

There is a $20 entrance fee into the park and the campground is close to Dumpfries, VA where you can pick up all sorts of supplies.

It's OK but a bit over visited by tourists.

Busy place.

The lodge is over populated and very coimmercial.

CAmoinmg down the road North is better.

Cabin 24

Cabin 24 is a 2BR/1BA cinderblock cabin with waterfront views and large yard space. One room has two bunk beds, dresser, shelving, a lamp, and two night stands. Other room has a queen bed, shelving, a lamp, night stand, and dresser. Fireplace and screened in porch are lovely. There’s a fire pit and picnic table, and plenty of parking space.

More details on the cabin to follow!

Dont go on the weekends

It is a really nice park but the weekends get extremely busy. The beach area especially. You might be able to have some space to yourself at the fossil beach (nice sharks teeth) but that can get busy too.

Easy hike in camp site

7 or 8 tent pads. Wood for sale at the site for $4 honor system. Porta pottie right next to wood pile. You’re not supposed to setup anything outside of the “tent pads”. I had a hammock hung and three rangers saw but didn’t say anything. Over all easy 2.5 mile hike on groomed gravel trails. No water on site and no reasonable source to filter water from so be prepared.