Jim Hogg Park sits on the north side of Georgetown Lake in the Hill Country of Texas, about 25 miles north of Austin.
Boating is the most popular way to enjoy the lake, and a boat ramp is provided for guests. Fishing is excellent in the area, and the lake contains Black bass, White bass, Hybrid stripers, White crappie, Channel catfish and Flathead catfish, but its most known for its abundance of Smallmouth bass. The San Gabriel River Trail is a 26 mile rugged trail winding through dense juniper forest, hardwood bottomlands and prairie grasslands. The trail wraps completely around Georgetown Lake via the dam and is open to both hiking and biking. Hunting is available for for small game like dove, waterfowl, rabbit and squirrel, as well as white tail deer. Hunting is by permit only.
Jim Hogg Park has 142 reservable campsites, including five large group camping shelters, and convenient amenities like flush toilets and showers are provided. Picnic shelters are also available, allowing for large parties, cookouts and family trips.
Lake Georgetown is a reservoir on the north fork of the San Gabriel River in central Texas. The dam was completed in 1979 to provide flood control and water supply for the nearby community of Georgetown, and now provides countless recreation opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
The nearby town of Georgetown offers gas, groceries and more. The historic downtown square district has shops and restaurants, and concerts and events are held on a regular basis.
Additionally, Austin is located just 25 miles from the lake, offering countless tourist attractions.
Charges & Cancellations
- Once a reservation date has begun, customers cannot change a reservation using the online system or through the Call Center. On-site personnel are not able to modify reservations.
- Individual Campsites: Cancellations up to 2 days before a reservation start date incur a $10.00 cancellation fee. A customer who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a one-night reservation will forfeit the entire amount paid and will not be subject to an additional service fee.
- Group Facility (including Cabins and Lookouts): Customers who cancel a group overnight facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee.
- Group Day Use Area: Customers who cancel a group day-use facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will forfeit the total day-use fee.
- Customers can request refunds online up to 7 days after the scheduled departure date. After 7 days, customers must request refunds through the call center.
- Cancellation fees are non-refundable.