Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
About Cedar Breaks Park

Cedar Breaks Park sits on the south side of Georgetown Lake in the Hill Country of Texas, about 25 miles north of Austin.

Recreation

Boating is the most popular way to enjoy the lake, and a boat ramp is provided for guests. Fishing is excellent in the area, and the lake contains Black bass, White bass, Hybrid stripers, White crappie, Channel catfish and Flathead catfish, but its most known for its abundance of Smallmouth bass. The San Gabriel River Trail is a 26 mile rugged trail winding through dense juniper forest, hardwood bottomlands and prairie grasslands. The trail extends completely around Georgetown Lake via the dam and is open to hiking and biking. Hunting is available for for small game like dove, waterfowl, rabbit and squirrel, as well as white tail deer.  Hunting is by permit only.

Facilities

Cedar Breaks Park has 59 reservable campsites, and convenient amenities like flush toilets and electric hookups are provided. Two groups picnic shelters are also available, allowing for large parties, cookouts and family trips.

Natural Features

Lake Georgetown is a reservoir on the north fork of the San Gabriel River in central Texas. The dam was completed in 1979 to provide flood control and water supply for the nearby community of Georgetown, and now provides countless recreation opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.

The park is aptly named for the abundance of cedar in the surrounding forest.

Nearby Attractions

The nearby town of Georgetown offers gas, groceries and more. The historic downtown square district has shops and restaurants, and concerts and events are held on a regular basis.

Additionally, Austin is located just 25 miles from the lake, offering countless tourist attractions.

ADA Access: N

Sites
Price
$26.00
US Army Corps of Engineers
Cedar Breaks Park is located in Texas
Directions
From I-35, take Farm to Market Road 2338 west for 3.5 miles to D.B. Wood Road. Turn left and continue for 2.5 miles. Turn right onto Cedar Breaks Road and follow signs to the park.
6 Reviews of Cedar Breaks Park
Had a great stay!

I am new to the rv life and own a used Coleman Bayside pop up camper. I own a business in Austin and love escaping to the woods at the end of the day.

Im wrapping up a 10 day stay at Cedar Breaks Park campground and will return for sure!

Lake Georgetown is the main attraction and is beautiful, quiet & clean.

The park & campground is easy to find and easy for larger or vehicles with travel trailers / campers in tow. Many grocery stores / restaurants / shopping / medical facilities are close by also (within 2-5 miles)

Sites all have 30, 50a and water hookups (im not sure about sewer hookups at sites but they do have a sewer dump station at front of campground) more than adequate restroom & shower facilities located in the center of the campground.

The staff is absolutely amazing, they are friendly, knowledgable and accommodating.

ROOKIE MISTAKE #1 “GET THE AFTER HOURS GATE CODE” After setting up camp the first day, I realized I needed food for Grady (my silver lab) and drove to Walmart. WELL, I didnt pay attention and got locked out. I didnt have the after hours gate code & had to park out front and walk down to my site & wentback up in the morning to get my truck.Not a huge deal, but a lesson I learned lol

Love Lake Georgetown

We love Lake Georgetown. Beautiful trees. A COE campground. We have an access pass which gives us half off each night - $13 per night. Can’t beat that deal for 50/30 and water. No sewer hookups so we use our Honey Wagon or we call affectionally “Poopsie” that we take to Cedar Breaks dump site.

Close to Austin but Still a Getaway

large, shady campsites with fire ring and BBQ. can accommodate an RV and a tent or two tents

the lake has been low so fishing hasn’t been good. the best activity is hiking the trail which can be a little rugged. bikes are also allowed on the trail but it has been described as. “cheese grater”

COE Park.

A nice place to camp

I stayed two days with a friend of mine and we had a great time, the bathrooms were clean I loved the showers and my favorite part was the hiking trails so beautiful with so much to see had a great experience.

Beautiful big sites

The sites are large which means you aren't right on top of your neighbors. Lots of shade. Each site has its own shelter with picnic table, grill and fire pit. Electric and water but no sewer. The sites along the outside of the loop have lake views and are level. The sites along the inside are scary unlevel! Some of the big rigs were backed in and jacked up 4 feet or so in front. Saw a lady break her ankle stepping out of her camper. Be prepared to level your camper! I suggest odd numbers 19-35 and even numbers 36-42 as the most level sites with the best lake views.

The park has hiking trails, boating and swimming access, but none of these are accessed right at the camp area.

Restrooms are very basic with no hot water. They were clean but a little creepy for showers. I used the toilets there during the day and my camper shower and toilet at night.

Meh...

Great large sites, wood pagodas over picnic table, both fire ring AND charcoal grill! Usual water electricity and level parking. NO FUN! The only thing to do is hike or put in a craft at the boat ramp. There are no playgrounds, no short loop trails, no swimming area! And the showers were rated 'scary' by my daughter. I suppose this is a good place to stay if you are just staying there while doing things in town.