The best TENT SITES camping near
Serendipity Way Colonia , TEXAS

Most Recent Serendipity Way Colonia Camping Reviews
Beautiful Trails!

I went on a hot day but the trees surrounding the trails made the experience beautiful! We saw a turkey too!

OK For A Quick Stop

Hosts are awesome. Very noisy and crowded. Very clean facilities and super clean swimming pool. The sewer hookup does not have a trap therfore no water to keep stench down. Smelled so bad I could not leave drain pipe connected while I stayed.

Overpriced

Overpriced for what they offer. Small concrete pad that's not even aligned with the RV door. The hook ups are on the right side when the electric cable and tanks' valve is on the left so the sewer hose ended up underneath the RV. $40/night… Stayed 3 nights… waste if money.

Best RV Park in the RGV

Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort’s unique hub-and-spoke circle design allows ample space to maneuver even the biggest RVs.Full hookups 50amp, clubhouse,pool,pontoon boat,bicycles,kayaks. World birding center @ Bentsen State Park. National Butterly Center. Wood Shop. $49 - 69/night.

Very nice resort

Very nice great pools hot tub tennis court Fun place to rv

Would stay again

We spent a week at Chimney Rock in life January. As expected the weather was great. Played golf at nearby courses. Most of the people there are Winter Texans are 55+. Very friendly. Lots of fun activities. Border patrol post on the property. Very safe. No cable and cell service spotty.

Very laid back atmosphere

Every Friday afternoon they have a jam session.  Coffee and doughnuts every Saturday.  Breakfast every other Monday. Water way with canoes. Game room with pool table. Laundry facilities on site. Large recreational hall. Owners are a joy to work with.

Great place to visit

I really enjoyed my stay at this campsite with my family. We actually came here on our Spring Break when we were in high school. We decided to come here because it wasn't a very long drive from home, and we knew there was some good hiking nearby. Located in Pharr Texas, the park is surrounded my beautiful citrus groves. You literally feel like you are in a desert oasis. Our favorite part is that it is located very close to the Rio Grande Valley. There are so many great attractions and places to do outdoor activities. If you want to head to the water you can drive an hour away and hit the Gulf of Mexico. We did this the second day we stayed here and it was so much fun, i would highly recommend doing this!! My mom and I also went shopping nearby- there is a great mall and shopping area close. The RV park was good. Water and electrical hookups, and enough room between sites which we like. Clean restrooms and area.

Saltwater Campground

Many of the campsites are right on the water, which is the Arroyo Colorado, a canal that runs east-west to the Laguna Madre, the bay between the south Texas shoreline and South Padre Island. I've visited the park many, many times over the years because of its proximity to the Laguna Madre. I fish from a kayak, and have tried fishing South Padre Island, Port Mansfield, and Boca Chica Beach with some success. But I always go back to Adolph Thomae County Park because I have better luck there. I don't have to worry about leaving my vehicle unattended, either.

What else? There is a website - http://www.cameroncountyparks.com/adolph-thomae-park - that has all the info you need if you plan to visit. There are even a few pictures. But if you want to get a much better look at the park, download and load Google Earth and type 'Adolph Thomae County Park' in the search bar. For some reason, the locator map on thedyrt is way off. The latitude for the park is  26°20'42.65"N and the longitude is  97°24'50.43"W. I've tried editing the location to no avail.

If you use Google Earth, you'll see that there are 2 lighted fishing piers that are free to park visitors. There are also 3 public restrooms - one at each of the piers and a third between the two large parking lots at the end of the road. There are also two boat ramps at the end of the park road.

It's 3 miles from the park to the Laguna Madre, so if you're bringing a kayak be prepared to paddle for about 45 minutes before getting to the bay. The park opens at 6:00 AM, and the fishermen with motorboats start lining up about 5:45 AM. If you want a parking spot near the water, get there early. I've found that the best parking lot to use is the next-to-last. The water is just a few steps from the parking lot, and the grade down to the water is not that steep. There are no streetlights in the next-to-last parking lot - at least not yet - , so bring a headlamp. It's a relatively new parking lot, so lights may be installed at some point.

Great place for birds

Interesting park. Used to be a full RV campground but has limited camping to hike-in primitive only. Bathrooms are about .3 miles away. Busy season is November-February when birds are easy to spot and winter Texans are in. Fun place to hike and check out what is in the bird blinds.