The best YURTS camping near
Huntsville , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Huntsville Camping Reviews
Not my thing

So I use this app to find tent camping sites. To me, that’s kinda what a campground is. A good variety of both. This turned out to be mostly RVs and then three tents, one including mine. Needless to say, it was loud. For what it was, it was great. For what I thought it would be, it wasn’t. They have a lot of cool amenities and I will totally come back if I ever get a camper. But I wouldn’t just tent camp there again I don’t think.

Nice Private Owned Campground

We pulled into Greenbrier in Gatlinburg and originally had reservations for two nights but added an additional night. The campground was full, sites very close, but full hookups. Nice clean bath houses and laundry. They had a large central green area in the middle of the campground with volleyball, basketball, and climbing and slides for kids. It was very popular! We stayed Two nights in site 84 and had to move to #10 for the third night. Other than being close to your neighbors, it was a great park! I’d stay there again!

Well kept but tight spacing.

Great location and well kept amenities. The spacing is crowded, you feel ur neighbor is in ur campsite. Don’t waste ur money on an upgrade site it’s not worth it.

Extremely packed

I have it three instead of two simply because they have numerous activities (we didn’t have time to participate) and the location is convenient. This will not be a campground we return to though. They insisted that I have them help back in, but sent someone that was his first day on the job, I finally had my son (who normally helps me just fine) get out and direct me. There is no telling how long I would have tried with this man’s help. The camp road is approximately 30 feet wide, which sounds good, except the sites are so small, you have to park halfway in the road, so both sides are lined with trucks/SUVS. The photos are the right squeeze when we pulled out. Once you are in your site, you only have about 20 feet of space before you are standing in the next site. I have never stayed in such a tightly packed campground. KOA is just down the road and looked like a much better bet.

By the river!

We camped here in a spot by the river. There seems to be many good spots on the river and we love the sound of the water! Sites are full hookup and have cable, picnic tables, fire rings and a grill. Everything was extremely clean. We had a fire one night and the next morning by the time we were outside the next morning, the ashes were cleaned out of the ring. The bathrooms were awesome. They have individual bathrooms, I think about 8(or maybe 10) full bathrooms with a sink, toilet and shower in each one. So, hubby can shave while wife showers, or whatever works. They were very clean also. The dog area was small so my big Labrador would rather take a walk than be in the small fenced area, but it was nice. There is a tent area, and a playground area, and a pavilion where I understand they have church services on Sunday. Definitely would return!

Best Around

Greenbriar campground is located in Pittman Center, west of Gatlinburg, adjacent to the Great Smoky Mountains. The campground is certainly one of the nicest camping spots I’ve n the area. The campground is very large, and has multiple camping options. They have tent and rv spots, as well as cabins, but I also saw some teepee style tent cabins. The campground is very wooded, so you feel like you are getting a legitimate Smoky Mountain camping experience. The pigeon river runs through the campground, and is great for fishing, or swimming/tubing in summer. There is a dog park also, and the campground is pet friendly. This campground has so many things to do, and it is very popular, so if you want to camp here, I would suggest booking early, because spots are booked months in advance. The campground is very quiet at night, with just the sounds of nature. There is a camp store, with firewood, and you’ll want to enjoy a campfire, even in the middle of summer. I Highly recommend Greenbriar Campground for camping in the Smokies.

Camping on the River

This is one heck of a family getaway spot. The River is flowing behind the park, open to Tubers (Rental from the office), great outdoor playground and pool.

The park offers guests bike rentals, tube rentals, outdoor movie nights, ice cream and fudge, and a convenient store in the main building. Firewood is available for a fee. They have a snack bar too. They have a Hay Ride that currently cannot be accommodated but hopefully will again soon (Covid).

Many of the RV Sites have water views or are located on the water. They offer cabins for rental as well.

This location had poor TMobile service but better AT&T. Streaming was limited during our stay.

They do have cable tv, 50amp power, honey wagon service, and a dog park.

Beautiful campground by the water. Very clean

Make sure you make reservations BEFORE stunning out there. Way if they beaten path and reservations can ONLY be made online. No cell service no internet for at least ten miles away from camp.. absolutely gorgeous location and rangers keep it clean every day. Would have been 5 stars if I was able to pay when I got there.

Perfect spot outside the smoky mountain national park

My family and I have been camping at this campground for over 25 years now. When we first started going here it was a small family owned business and it has certainly changed since KOA took over but I think they’re all positive, just less of the charm. The sites along the river are by far the best, and the cost is reflective of that. They upgraded the bathhouse to be climate controlled recently… the best upgrade!!! The location is superb, right outside cades cove and a five min drive from put in for tubing down the river and one of the few places you can simply tune to without having to pay a service to shuttle you one way or the other. The staff is amazing. Definitely a must stop!

Perfect spot outside the smoky mountain national park