The best RV SITES camping near
Blountville , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Blountville Camping Reviews
Great little spot on the river to cool off

At first I was a little panicked that it was going to be a campground that jammed in too many people and we’d have no privacy. It was surprisingly quiet and we had plenty of space. We stayed in the tent spots along the river. It was quiet, we didn’t feel like anyone was on top of us, and the restrooms and general areas felt available.

The water levels are perfect for floating around and playing in the river. There’s even a little path you can take a tube up and float back down. They had a lily pad for general use and a little pond if you wanted something contained.

It’s a great little spot with good people running it. We’ll definitely be back!

Great Family tent camping

Took a last minute trip with the family and we were not disappointed. I grew up camping but my wife has never been. I knew I would have to pick a spot that would change her opinion about camping. On our way home she was already looking for camping arrangements for next season.

We stayed at Camp 5 which was gravel and came in handy when it rained, no muddy mess packing up. I believe all the tent grounds had gravel. The fire pit had a great grate for cooking in our cast iron pans and the picnic table was a huge plus. Bathrooms were clean and the Host were extremely friendly and can answer all of your questions from the campground to local things to do.

Things I wish I had- more twine/rope to hang rain fly (trees are far apart). Bring firewood from the local grocery store, Food City, in Chilhowie. An axe to cut some of that wood into smaller pieces. I had it but remember to bring cash to pay for your stay. I’m not sure if they take cards, we arrived at 9pm and had to fill out an envelope and place in a drop box. Also, at the time of this review, the gates absolutely close at 10pm to 7am. Make sure you are in/out of the gates in time.

Great campground for seasoned campers and even better for beginners.

What An Experience!

If you are looking for a campground that is quiet and secluded - this is your place!

We are a tent camping family so we stayed in Section “A.” It was really quiet, everyone was respectful of quiet hours. The bathhouse was very well maintained and clean. Never out of soap or toilet paper - biggest plus were the hot showers!

The campsites were spaced out perfectly with enough natural separation from trees, bushes, etc. The campsites were also pretty large, at least ours was. Just make sure you read the size of the campsite before you book because we noticed a sizes difference amongst all them.

I read a lot of reviews about cellphone service prior to coming, and they were all pretty accurate. My husband and I have Verizon wireless, and we had about 2 bars of LTE (when we weren’t connected to the wifi at the campground) which was enough service to call family and friends, but not enough to text or load any apps.

Overall, huge recommend. So much to do, so peaceful, relaxing, and super scenic. P.S. the blue ridge parkway in the fall is something out of a fairytale, just gorgeous.

Beautiful area

Semi private sites for tents. Some RV sites are on the edge of the road. Clean restrooms and showers. Great hiking trails nearby beginning in the campground. Dog friendly. If you have a National park pass you get a discount.

Great Campground

There is a little bit of everything here. Mountain location meets all the view requirements to include the rushing stream as you come in. Owners are supper friendly and want to make your stay enjoyable. There are cabins, tents, and RV sites so you can take your choice of sleeping accommodations. Plenty to do for kids of all ages with game room, swing set, basketball, corn hole, and a field big enough to throw a frisbee or play catch. Add a little creek through the middle and a fishing pond; what more do you need?

Campground is well maintained. The RV Sites are level. The bath house is clean. The WiFi is A++, can you say streaming?! You have your choice of open site or one with tree cover. If you are looking for a place to see the leaves changing color this is the place to stay. Don’t wait to make your reservations it fills up fast!!!

Beautiful little campground right along the river.

Mostly level gravel spots. Sites are close together. Block bathhouse that the spiders enjoy. Beautiful river. Lots of open space pets. This is very country setting. Friendly host.

A must do! We will be back!

What a treat. This park is at milepost 297.1 of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our campsite E02 was on one side of the parkway, the Julian Price Lake was on the other side. This was not a problem, easy to cross. Probably one of my all time favorite hikes- Boone Fork Trail. We have a dog that could have gone w us, but the hike would have been tough on her (10 years old) we were glad she wasn't with us. Rocks to climb over, ladders, etc.  The canoe rental on the lake was great! We fished for brim, had a ball. There is Wifi at the lake/boat rental. Connectivity was null otherwise! We loved this campground, picturesque, friendly, space between sites was generous. Our site was the entry site for all of E loop and F loop= lots of traffic, but we booked late and was glad to have it. No hookups, so you must be self contained. Dump and potable water is available at the entrance. Firewood to buy from the boat rental at the lake. All was spectacular!

The Best!

I have been coming here for the past 10 years.   It's  one of the best  Campgrounds I have been to anywhere. Not only is it beautiful and well kept like most state parks but the staff has always been tremendous and helpful. And the location is quite perfect. It is set high on the mountain so you get wonderful views easy access to the Appalachian trail And lots of hiking everywhere.

Great retreat

We had a great time relaxing by the camp fire, hiking the trails, and enjoying some time away front town/city life. It was quiet, semi private, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Sites range from tent to cabin, with electric, water and on some sites, sewer hook up. We had a camper van. The site was leveled well, so no jacks were needed to level up the van. Hikes lead to overlooks and waterfalls, and some are quite strenuous. The ground sparkles with mica, giving it a reflective, magical appearance. We had a relaxing and fun time and recommend this for campers. AAA discounts apply, to make it downright cheap to enjoy a getaway.

Highly recommend

Such an amazing place! We camped, hiked, and relaxed! Some spaces in campground were a little crowded, but not all sites! Campground was clean and well maintained! The hiking and views from this place was amazing!