Deckertown , PENNSYLVANIA

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Deckertown Camping Reviews
Beauty in the woods

Excellent campground, roomy, shady sites, pool was nice and clean, nice little camp store with very nice and helpful employees. Plus the sounding area is full of amazing roads that are perfect for momma and I to carve up on our scooters

Chenango Valley State Park, NY

Camping at Chenango Valley State Park is always a great time. The park is very family friendly. It has numerous hiking and biking trails, two lakes (Lily and Kettle) and a 18-hole golf course for guests to enjoy. The grounds and bathrooms are very well maintained and the sites are level for those RV or tent camping. We enjoy the sites because they’re spacious and woodsy. They make you feel secluded, but are also a short drive from a brewery and the city of binghamton.

Not bad nice area

Sites are close together. There’s really no one enforcing any rules … neighboring sites can get pretty rowdy and not much you can do about it. But the area is very nice to drive around and site see and stop at local shops. No playground for kids.

Cozy Mountain Vibes!

I stayed in Hickory Run in late November, I love the sheer elements of nature found in this park. It is so calm and beautifuls with trails scattered throughout the entire park. I will definitely come here again to experience the poconos in different conditions. It was very cold when I camped here, but not miserable! There are nice bathhouses, mental hangers for trash and food, and roads are very well maintained. I love Hickory Run!

Not a great “camping” experience

Stayed in a spot without water hook up. All spigots to fill camper with water were situated just off main driving lanes resulting in a lot of congestion of cars behind us when attempting to fill tanks. Spots were very cramped and sites lack any natural character. Kind of like a parking lot or a tailgate scene. Hiking trails were nice our stay was very crowded with lots of time traffic on all trails. May have been the overall crowding that negatively impacted our experience. Overall, not what we were expecting or looking for on a weekend getaway.

Awesome campground

Camped in October 2020 for Halloween weekend. Nice hiking trail. Very clean. Owners are so friendly and helpful. Definitely heading back this year.

Amazing

Great place To camp and hike. Camp site was in great shape people were friendly and the hike was amazing

Beautiful Campground and Awesome Owners

We own some property near this campground and have stayed here a few weekends as a home base while we clean up our property. The owners are just amazingly nice people, always very helpful! The campground itself is beautiful, it’s back a long lane from the main road so it is quiet and peaceful. Night time is especially beautiful, you can see tons of stars on a clear night. Everyone there, owners, employees, and campers alike are pleasant. The store is well stocked, and firewood is available 24/7. There is a small pool that we haven’t used yet, but it looks nice and well kept. The sites are a bit larger than average and are pretty level, but make sure to bring leveling blocks. The sites themselves are well kept and have a big fire pit and picnic table. I would suggest getting there while it is still light out, there is plenty of room on the roads to get your rig around the campground, but there are lots of trees and it gets a little hard sometimes to see where the road is vs a site. The store is well stocked with supplies, t shirts, and some RV necessities. Propane is also available as well. I don’t believe most sites have a sewer connection, and there is only one dump station, but the owner John was going around pumping people out Sunday morning when the line to the dump station was long. We were there in October, and the weekend they went they had a really cool walk through “haunted woods” that was a lot of fun. When we were there last weekend John was telling us about other events they are planning to do as well.

Pioneer Campground is truly a hidden gem, and I am looking forward to my next trip there!

Beautiful and serene state park

TLDR: I would go back to this park in a heartbeat!

So I just got him from Promised Land State Park and it couldn’t have been a more relaxing weekend. We stayed at Pickerel Point in one of the loops.

Pros: Beautiful scenery, nice bath houses, big sites, easy access to the lake and pickerel point beach. Small town about 5-10 mins away where you can get the very basics, and another larger town with a grocery store, liquor store, and hardware store about 20 minutes away

Cons: dump station is a little tricky to get into or out of with a longer rig, sites can be pretty far out of level so bring lots of leveling blocks. It took 30 lego levelers for us to get level.

Been camping here for 20 years

I love this park, and have seen it really evolve over the past 20 years. There is something here for everyone whether you like to hike, fish, mountain bike or go white water rafting. The newly built park office and entrance rivals some national parks. Staff is helpful and professional and the campsites are always very well maintained. Hiking trails are clear with plenty of parking at the trailheads. Many of the trails lead to beautiful waterfalls and some even hold stocked trout. The town of Jim Thorpe is near by and has businesses that cater to outdoor adventures. Outlet shopping is also a short drive away for anyone look for something more on the mild side.