Camping in Clintondale

261 Reviews of 58 Clintondale, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

John S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

An excellent weekend

Last year I had convinced my wife to go on a backpacking trip with me but of course Covid-19 got in the way because of child care issues. Finally this year it happened. She got to the end realizing that maybe she didn't pick the right boots (blisters) and her ankles were sore as well but she said…

Sitethru hike. stayed on day 1 at a site near Rock Run and day 2 at Pleasant Stream
A
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Small, quiet and dispersed

Limited sites. Must call District office for permit, but still free. Vaulted toilets. There is a swimming hole in the small creek that’s great! Kids loved it! Also the river is just down on 555 with a kayak launch. An elk viewing plot is just across from the kayak launch site/ parking lot. Not far…

• Entrance to the right. I believe this is site 5 with tents to the left and parking for tents.
  • swimming hole
A
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Family fun!

Nice clean and quiet campground. The address online took us to the ranger station. Turn left BEFORE bridge. Couldn’t see sign from the road. The section we were in was “no pets allowed”. My kids loved the beach, swimming was not deep. Beach was big with adjacent playground. Lots of pavilions all…

• beach
  • walking from campground
  • playground adjacent to beach
J
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

For the price you pay the sites aren’t the best

All the regular pull through sites in the old part are very tight and dusty. We had to move the fire ring so it wouldn’t be under our awning and the only place we could safely have it was with the one side of people would have to sit on the road. The spots were sooooo close together! They had a…

Michelle L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Peace for Mind, Body & Soul

We were at the Lower Campgrounds. It was perfect. It was so quiet and peaceful, did not even notice other campers around. (I can’t speak for the Daggett Run side though). Bathhouse was very clean. Had a good time fishing at the lake and stopping for ice cream at the beach shop is a must!

Christopher E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Nice Camp in the Mountains

We tent camped and they had openings on Memorial Day weekend. The weather turned out to be bad for camping but management was very accommodating with our requests to change dates and spots. Unlike many campgrounds that cater primarily to campers/RVs, they have nice spots in wooded areas for…

SiteRed Oak #4
Robyn B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Close to rails to trails, quiet and peaceful

We go here every year. Electric hook up, and very nice tent sites along creek. Does get crowded on nice weekends but mostly families. A short drive down to pine creek rails to trails. Beautiful ride through creek canyon. Nice little store at entrance, and several hikes from park.

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

No service

We pulled in to camp for the weekend, nice location right on the creek. I work online so service is a must. Initial thoughts were, clean quiet, not very secluded, if we didn’t need phone service it would have been perfect place to camp

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Nice campground, caring hosts

We called the campground around 5:30, we were an hour away. She said no big deal just give me a call when you get here. We arrive and she takes care of us and sells us a nice bundle of firewood. The campground has excellent service, I work online so that was a relief. Full bars on at&t and…

• Decent amount of firewood for $6
  • The electric site we were at only had this kind of plug. Also had water
  • family bathroom
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Clean and very quiet

Very nice park it was clean and quiet. Lots to do for all ages. We stayed here in May and went to cherry springs state park to star gaze it was amazing

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Beautiful campground and state park

This state park is incredibly beautiful. Tail pine and hemlock trees separate the spacious campsites. Bathrooms are spotless clean. Friend Friendly park staff. Swimming, hiking, MTB trail.

Jorden T.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Stars galore

I went with 2 of my best friends and the stars were magnificent! Saw multiple shooting stars as well! The campsites are a little too open and close for my liking but the area in general is beautiful! So many hiking trails as well with hills and water!

Siteunsure
Month of VisitOctober
Mark S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great weekend getaway

Clean grounds, well kept, enjoyable trip for the whole family. Will definitely be back.

SiteV11
One_human_race_one_love
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

"I'll be closed by then"

So I just tried to book a site here and Google says I'll be there around 7:15 7:30 is exact words was I'll be closed by then sorry.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Great spot

Its an amazing little quite camping ground. Super clean. Lots of easy hiking trails and tons of fishing.