Camping in Clarendon Heights

108 Reviews of 29 Clarendon Heights, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

J
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Good campground

Overall a good campground that I would stay at again. Almost every site had plenty of trees and shade, plenty of shower houses throughout so not a long walk whichever site you choose. The bathrooms were the older style shower house could use some updating. The not so good is alot of the sites…

Pete D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Popular Location

Overall a comfortable One night stay. Sites were tight. Three bath houses available. Depending on where you’re at - it’s a very fast run if u need it quickly.

Staff was very accommodating to our requests and needs. Professional. Employees were friendly and helpful.

Grounds were kept nicely.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful Campground

This was our third trip here. One of the best campgrounds in the state, especially in the off season.

SiteCabin 94
Patty A.
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Scenic and great hiking

Cabins are great for families and there are also activities and hiking....Close to some attractions for adults and children too.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Helpful friendly staff

We are traveling across country. This campground is easy access to I80, Less than 10 minutes. It is very clean, amazingly helpful staff, mix of seasonal, weekly, and overnight. Nice playground for the kids. Close to Clarion for shopping and supplies,

K
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Most beautiful and peaceful place to tent camp! Definitely a long drive for us but it was beautiful before we got the snow and even during (what we could see). One thing I didnt like was we have to drive to the hiking trails.

Michael L.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Family Friendly Relaxation

Lots of activities, tons of nearby attractions, fishing, hunting, and hiking. Great store and owners, a nice place to visit.

Britt B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2021

Winter Camping at Wolfkiel Shelters

This was our second time to the Wolfkiel Shelters in Oil Creek State Park. Wolfkiel is one of two hike-in camping areas which consists of six(6) Ariondack Shelters and a tent camping area. The road in was snow covered but easily navigated. The Shelter carpark is small and was almost full the day we…

SiteShelter 2
Month of VisitMarch
I
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Kevin E.
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to…

Britt B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Best Hike-In Camp in PA

Wolfkiel is one of two hike-in areas along the Gerard Hiking Trail, in the Oil Creek State Park. Wolfkiel is made up of six(6) Ariondack Shelters and a tent camping area. The Adirondack shelters are perfectly positioned to be private from one another, each looks out over the forest. They are a…

• Inside the shelter
  • Picnic table next to shelter
  • Hiking Trail to the shelters from Oil Creek Trail
SiteShelter 02
Jennifer T.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

AWESOME Campground and owners

By far the best campground we have ever stayed at.  Had an awesome time for both Halloween weekends.  Owners make you feel like family.  Can't wait for the spray pad to open in 2021

Month of VisitOctober
Mark M.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away…

Sarah K.
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2020

Weekend away from it all

We have camped at this campground a couple times now and have enjoyed each time. The restrooms are decent. There is a boat launch. The sites are maintained well. They also allow “vicious” breeds, we have a rottie mix and it can be a hassle trying to find campgrounds that allow her in. You are…

C
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2020

Decent spot

A few dispersed spots on this road a bit overgrown but fine for setting up a tent