The best RV SITES camping near
Barnsdall , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Barnsdall Camping Reviews
Osage Hills State Park & Pioneer Woman

If you are a fan of the Pioneer Woman aka Ree Drummond and love to travel Osage Hills State Park is your camping base. Park is about 45 minutes from the town of Pawhuska where the Mercantile & Pioneer Woman are based.

This state park is not far from where we live so we took a drive to see the foliage and scout out the camping area. There were some nice size sites for our RV, beautiful views, paved roads to push wheelchair around, even the primitive area, although not paved was good for pushing a wheelchair. . There is a large day area for picnics, a nice play ground, pool, trails, even tennis courts and a baseball field. Place to fish and just relax. . Definitely a nice place to get away and relax. My niece and nephews fave campground. . Tall Grass Prairie Preserve is close by as well. The Joseph H. Williams Tallgrass Prairie Preserve at 39,650 acres is the largest protected piece of tallgrass prairie left on earth. Urban sprawl and conversion to cropland have left this once expansive landscape, originally spanning across 14 states from Texas to Minnesota, at less than 4% of its original size . Take a drive through Tall Grass Prairie and you’ll probably see bison roaming.

Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

Best camp hosts & beautiful, peaceful nights

My husband, 2 dogs, and I stayed here in our tent multiple weekends in a row this past summer. We went jugging in our canoe and caught some really good size blue cats. The camp hosts are the absolute best! And never ending gorgeous evenings spent by the campfire watching the sunset.

Peaceful & Beautiful Evening

My husband, 2 dogs, and I reserved a spot a short walk to the water. We had a relaxing evening grilling and sitting by the fire, enjoying the peaceful night under the stars.

We love this campsite

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 dogs. There is no water hookup, unless you have a long hose & are close to any of the bathrooms. Perfect lake views, beautiful sunset, very quiet & peaceful. Couldn’t ask for a better night stay!

Great overnight stop or longner

Nice quick in and out overnight stop or longer if needed. Big rig friendly large pull though sites and smaller back in sites with 30 and 50 amp and water no sewer but dump station is close by. Self service campground $8.00 a night pay at pay station at the entrance of the park. Located in a city park of Coffeyville, play ground with in walking distance from sites. Walmart is less the a 5min drive from this campground and from the town of Coffeyville. Quite area, there seems to be a few campers living here full time or here for work, but all seems to be keeping their sites clean and organized. On the payment  envelope says 14 day maximum stay.

Not for camping

This is a great place for Rv’s but it’s not for camping. People stay here when there are events in town at the expo center such as huge horse shows. Flgun shows, the fair etc.

In town Rv lot

I wouldn’t say this is camping. The people that usually stay here are in town for events at the Expo or driving thru. There is a lot to do nearby. TWithin walking distance there’s the expo center (you can go in and pet horses) and a Rec center with a pool. You can go to Will Rogers Museum, JM Davis fun museum, RSU has a nice little hiking trail as does the Lake.

There’s a lot to do here

Grew up in the area and spent a lot of time here. You can rent all kinds of water crafts even kayaks. There’s a island in the middle called goat island that is fun to check out. It’s a great little lake for fishing, boating, kayaking, hiking and swimming. The Rv sites are close together but the whole area is wooded which makes for some great shade. There are also cabins you can rent and some rental packages available that I screenshot for anyone that wants to go! I love kayaking around here.

Good place to camp!

Bluff Landing is a great place to camp! It’s self pay so you put your money in a envelope which is different. The fishing is good, there’s places to hike, it’s quiet and secluded. I took my kayak out and had a good time. The last time I was out, the boy scouts were there. My daughter loves climbing the downed trees in the woods. The only downfall is that people hunt and shoot guns not too far away (at the actual Newt Graham Lock and Dam) and you can hear gunshots sometimes. Don’t let it alarm you!