Standard (Tent/RV)
RVs and Trailers
Hugo Lake State Park is located in Oklahoma
3 Reviews of Hugo Lake State Park
Camping in the rain!

This place was pretty busy the weekend we camped here but we booked early and found a spot away from others. The water is brown but nice and cold for the summer so we couldn’t complain! We got some rain which sucks but we never let a little rain ruin our camping adventures. Would definitely come back to check out the cabins and camp again!

2 issues

I stopped at beautiful lake in May of 2020 while on my bikepacking tour across Oklahoma. I stayed 2 nights in one of the Northwest sights. Hardly any people, but it was in the middle of the week. I stayed in a tent… the grounds were awesome and the full bathroom/showers were spotless. Very well kept However, I noticed within a few hours of setting up camp that roaches started invading my gear. By the end of my second night, I saw more than 10 roaches in various spots in and out of my gear. I even found one packed into one of my bike bags when I got home… dead, luckily. My other complaint is that the noise from neighbors was allowed to go on… only ended by them going to sleep around 2am. They have a noise ordnance clearly posted with a time limit… while the rangers drove through the park regularly, the noise ordinance was not enforced. The other parties besides me we’re all together as a large group, so if I complained, they would’ve known it was me, so I didn’t say anything. I probably should have just asked to be moved

Cabin rental

We rented a resort cabin for a night in May of 2020. We opted for one of their 16 “resort” cabins. These cabins have 2 bedrooms, a full bathroom and kitchen and a nice porch overlooking the lake. The cabin was pretty nice compared to most state park cabins but it definitely wasn’t resort quality. The TV was super old, there was a hole in the carpet, and water leaked in from the front door all over the living room floor. (However, it was raining super hard that day). They also have 10 primitive cabins. 7 of which have a full bathroom.

Before the rain started, we were able to have a picnic at the picnic pavilion near the swim beach. It had good quality tables and a nice grill and was next to a playground.

We didn’t tent camp or stay in an RV but we drove through some of the campgrounds to check it out. One of the RV areas looked pretty nice with paved pads but the other was a little more rugged with unpaved pads. From what we could tell, the tent area looked decent. Sites were grassy and mowed. But they just had the pit toilets instead of a bathroom with flush toilets and showers.

We weren’t able to hike any trails due to the rain so I can’t comment on those.

Overall, it seems like a pretty good state park. Especially if you like the lake activities.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift