The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Lockington , OHIO

Camping Ohio Lockington Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Lockington Camping Reviews
Hidden gem

Traveling with a dog is not always easy, but I throughly enjoyed my stay. Will be back again, happy it wasn’t full of people. Wifi strong, Verizon service great, premium electric (I have 30amp and there was a hookup), no water as it’s winter meaning no bathrooms (there is a porterhouse). Clean sites and friendly folks.

THIS IS VERY PEACEFUL AND SECLUDED AREA BEAUTIFUL WEATHER, KID FRIENDLY

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO JUST GET AWAY FROM EVERYTHING AND RELAX.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL TERRAIN TO RIDE ATV'S, HORSES, YOU CAN HIKE, FLY KITES, BRING THE KIDS POWER WHEELS OR BIKES YOU CAN EXPLORE THE CREEK OR JUST SIT IN THE SHADE OR NEXT TO THE FIRE AND TAKE IT ALL IN. ITS STILL ONLY 10-15 MINS FROM TOWN IF YOU FORGOT SOME SUPPLIES.

Roomy sites!

We LOVE this campground - particularly sites 81-86. The sites are large with plenty of room to spread out, throw the frisbee or play other games. The sites are also near hiking paths that lead to the camper beach.

There is a nice playground down the road from the sites and additional hiking trails on the other side of the campground. Very quiet, peaceful camping.

Easy Drive from the City

Located within an afternoon’s drive of downtown Dayton and Cincinnati, this park makes the perfect weekend getaway from the day to day grind. Located on a large reservoir, the state park has everything from boating, hiking and mountain biking to just sitting around the campground not doing much.

One important thing to think about with this state park is site selection. For a park surrounded by trees and forest the campsites offer a surprising dearth of shady maples for the sites. On first visit, one might suppose this was a young park, newly cleared for recreational purposes, but upon visiting some 20 years later, one would be disappointed at the lack of opportunity taken for shade production. Most of the sites nearer the lakeshore or cul-du-sacs, have adequate shade.

The bathhouse was kept very clean, even when it was pretty busy.  Overall, the place was pretty quiet despite the number of campers there.

Great Park

I’m a local and I love JB.  Great hiking, clean campground (and bathroom!), and close to Yellow Springs for local brews and good eats.

Off Season and No Water

We love camping in the off season but with that comes closures. Some sections of the campgrounds might not be open, no camp hosts and limited bathrooms and showers houses. This is to be expected, but when I called the morning of our trip to make sure potable water was available and I was told yes it was only to drive 2 hours and realized they were wrong. No water 🙁. This would not have been a peas we have dry camped before but all the bathrooms were closed as well.

After called the park ranger he did let us get some water at the maintenance building so we were at least able to finish the weekend. Lesson learned always pull with at least some water.

Now back to the campground itself was nice and clean. Site are a little close together. The biggest down side is you are there to enjoy the lake but the lake had algae warnings everywhere not to go near the water.

They do have a dog park, pool and splash pad when in season and a marina. Also they have WiFi and good cell coverage.

Meh

The owner was nice when we were there. Not much to do, playground was closed due to COVID, he also said the beach was closed. But most of the campers live there. Its mostly run down campers. Years ago it was a lot of fun, they used to have four wheeler trails and fireworks on the holidays. Maybe it’s just a rough year considering we’re in a pandemic. It’s close to home so we may go back, it makes it easy to care for the farm when you’re only a short drive down the road.

Great mountain bike trails for all levels, near town of Yellow Springs

The campsite is next to the 12 mile set of mountain bike trails.  It is a great mountain biking/camping getaway.  The trails are easy, so for all levels.  Nice camping for families.  There is also a very nice children's playground near the campsite.

Close to the town of Yellow Springs, Ohio.

The sites are close together and not much privacy, but convenient.

Facilities are fine and there are nice outdoor fireplaces.

The mountain bike trails are all-purpose so you can enjoy hiking them also.  They are very well-maintained.

Weekend getaway

We have camped here a few times. Nice little weekend getaway, not sure we would choose for long lengths of time.

“Beach” and swimming area with water inflatables, and area to fish if you enjoy fishing. Several activities for kids. Campground is well kept and managed for the most part.

Nice park, great location.

Great location close to Dayton and Wright-Patterson AFB, we stayed for 5 nights. The grounds are well kept and the owner is friendly, there is a fishing pond on the property and an active shooting range. (No issue with noise at all) The spots are VERY un-level, took several blocks and boards to get my TT leveled for the stay and there wasn't much room in my site, but other than that it was a nice stay. I did have trouble when trying to empty my black tank at the end of the stay, I couldn't get anything to go down the full hook up spot I was in amd had to dump later.

Overall, good experience, I would stay again. Prices are fabulous, but cash or check only.