The best BOAT IN camping near
Westport , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Westport Camping Reviews
Excellent location

The location next to the reservoir is awesome. Rode the bike trails and loved it. Did some kayaking too. The actual campsites can be a bit tricky to park but overall great time

Clean, safe and friendly

Campground has trails and fishing in walking distance.  It is always packed.  No alcohol permitted.

Very cute park!

Little park, but very quiet and relaxing!

Beautiful county park

What a beautiful park. The sites have full Hook up. We where at site 50 and it was completely shaded. They where still under major construction redoing the beach and boat docks. But we still really enjoyed this park. Super close to town to get supplies and dinner.

Happy camper

It was our first time camping as a family and now we wish we could camp every weekend!

Good views

Stayed here for a night. Had a spacious site near the entrance of campground. They provide wood, $6 a bundle. Bathrooms were eh. Dump station on site. Potable water. Good campground. Nice trails on campground also! Would be lots of fun in the summer!

Great hiking and awesome views.

Lots of trails to choose from. Beautiful views. Lots of history. Visit here often.

One of NC's Best Car Camping Spots

We love this campground.  The bathrooms are a bit rough, but we have never caught anything from them so they must not be too bad.

I can do all my favorite outdoor activities here without driving anywhere.  There is fishing, canoeing, hiking, and some awesome mountain biking.  The sites are nicely spaced with trees between them.  You need to plan on buying firewood at the campground.  Temps are usually a bit cooler than in the big piedmont cities which is another plus.

Love this place.

Very close to my home. I hike in to the remote campsite on the lake. Lots of fishermen and trash since the scum can’t seem to pick up after themselves. The cabins here are also great. Clean and nice location. I would suggest the overlook cabin. I generally tent camp and the Point, not many know of this location as it’s a decent hike in. Great place.

Not for the weak of heart

Took 3 boys camping here. The 1.5 mile hike to the campsite was very much an uphill climb. The primitive outhouse scared them. It was extremely seclusive. Went on up another .5 miles the following morning and looked out over the clouds. Quite a sight! It was an experience they won't forget!