The best BOAT IN camping near
Rocky Mount , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rocky Mount Camping Reviews
Beautiful park for RVs and tents

Hibernia park on Kerr Lake, Henderson, NC has plenty of RV spots overlooking the lake. Some spots give you a personal sand beach. Many shaded sites for RVs and tents. We stayed Sun-Tues for a short getaway. Most Thurs-Sun were booked. Campsites on the loop in area 2 are large with plenty of space between campers. No issues with the water and electric at our site. We did not use the dump station at the front of the park. Park is incredibly clean. Rangers drive through several times during the day and right before the gate closes for the evening. Due to COVID the bath house was closed. Beautiful lake views with wildlife all over. Thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay!

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Good People !

Relaxing and Peaceful in Bullocksville

If you are looking for a campground that has a beach, boat launch and water views this is the camp ground for you. We stayed on campsite 39. The lots are gravel with a lantern pole and brick fire pit with ring. Our lot was shady and cool. Lots near the beach received a great deal of sun and wind. This was a clean well kept park and I would recommend.

Waterfront and large site

We had a great site, right on the lake. Could launch our kayaks, fish and swim right from our site! Was a great way to cool off and just enjoy the beautiful water. Our site (#41) was huge. Had plenty of room. Very private on one side, it does neighbor to another site openly but we were lucky that no one ever reserved it while we were there.😊 A lot of sites were large sites and somewhat wooded. Not a campground where it’s one on top of each other which is nice… especially with dogs! Water was close, bathrooms were a drive since small bathrooms are closed due to Covid. Can’t blame the park for that, but it was a huge VERY clean bathroom with nice hot showers. Not much grocery stores close so definitely bring all you can. Firewood sold at front but closed on weekdays. Found a gas station that sold it about 3 miles away. We will definitely return. Wrote down some good sites on loop with electric that are waterfront too. I.e. 20, 22, 28 incase you’re wanting electric. On our no electric loop 41, 44, 22, and 20 were nice sites on the water.

Site 65

Spent the last week of July, 2020 at this park. This was my first visit to the particular campground. The park was very quiet through the week be became pretty busy on the weekend. The bath house is very nice and is well maintained. 'Thank You' to the staff for a job well done. The site descriptions on the website could be updated to better reflect the site. Site 65, as well as others in the immediate area, are listed as "level" but that is far from reality. My biggest complaint is the location of the trash dumpsters is very close to the bath house and campsites in this loop and the smell was not pleasant. The campground should consider relocating them to a location further away from the campsites. The ca.pground has a nice hiking trail within the park and great access to the lake. I enjoyed the visit and will visit this campground more often in the future.

Beautiful water, a little cramped

Great safe spot for tubing, fishing, hammocking, swimming. Water felt great. Gorgeous sunset. Campsites are closely sandwiched between each other and since there's not a lot of tree cover I felt like I was sharing a campsite with 20 other people! Ranger drove by at least 3x a day but kept a distance. Bathrooms were nasty. I think I'd come back to Kerr Lake but not this campground.

Okay but BUSY

We hadn't been camping since december of 19. Then came covid. We finally felt good enough to venture out and regain our hiking legs. We decided on falls because the trails are easy and it seemed like it would be a very chill place on the water. The boats start at 630 in the morning and go ALL night. People were partying until 330 am across the water at another loop, the camp host is located in that loop!!! I would say its a great spot if you like summer water sports. I'm guessing it gets much quieter in the fall/winter. The actual sites are spaced well with plenty of tree coverage. Our spot was on the outer rim with a path right down to the water to swim! Not the peaceful relaxing trip we had hoped for but it served its purpose of getting our unused gear out and making sure everything was in good order.

Beautiful! Scenic, Fun and Perfect!

Beautiful location with lots of varied sites. Some are more wooded, some have beautiful water views, all have water and electric, and some have sewage, pump out service is available. Fire wood delivery from Thumper is incredible. People are extremely nice, and we made lots of friends. A beautiful lake, perfect for fishing, tubing, wakeboarding… Has laundry, but machines weren’t great. I was a little worried about the first come/first serve site assignments, but it works out really well being able to choose your site. Highly recommend for singles, couples, and families with children. We brought our boat and the ramp is a bit steep, but the slips were great. Such a fun lake to explore.

Great family fun

This place was awesome! They have two swimming pools, golf, put put, nature trails, pavilions, Church on Sunday, nice pull through shaded sites, pond for fishing or paddle boats, I mean I can go on and on. The staff is amazing and polite. Prices are low. Only down side is the shower room. It needs to be updated but still very functional. Great place we will be going back soon!