Fearrington Village, NORTH CAROLINA

Camping North Carolina Fearrington Village
Most Recent Fearrington Village Camping Reviews
Flynn Family Fun

Jordan Lake is a all around Great place to take the family for a weekend getaway or a 2 week adventure.  We the Flynn Family  are always looking for a family getaway and found Jordan lake to be perfect.  Or stay at Popular Point was really nice.  Camp site was a drive through and gave us enough room to spread out a little was  with in view of the water and close to the restrooms. We highly recommend spending family time together at Jordan Lake

Wonderful !

Had a great time! Some of the sites are right on the water allowing for camping and kayaking. Sites are large to accommodate two tents and two vehicles nicely. Bathrooms are what you would expect but clean. Some sites further back (not water side) have trees for hammocking. The trees near my site (122) did not have adequate trees for hammocking. I will absolutely be back.

(The only thing you will contend with is occasional air traffic noise from RDU. If you’re sensitive consider bringing earplugs for your comfort.)

RV Camping Conveniently Located near Greensboro

On my way to Virginia from western North Carolina, I decided to stop here. It makes the eight hour trip less tiresome if you can break it up. It is convenient since it is along the interstate. However, staying in one of the cabins at this KOA in Greensboro requires a minimum two-night stay, and they run about$100 a night. The person in the office was really nice and informative, but I think KOA is trying to discourage tent campers. She told me that since it had been raining, the ground was saturated and tent campers don’t like all the noise from the road; and she is 100% correct. Nevertheless, a tent site was my best option. The tent sites are sloped and very small. There is very little privacy since the sites are just about on top of each other. Don’t get me wrong; there are good things about this KOA… for RV campers and RV campers with children. The RV sites are spacious and mostly level with electric, water, and sewer hookups. The cabins are really nice(this being based on staying in a KOA cabin in the past and the exterior looks, which have been updated since I last stayed in one). The children will love the caboose/play area, and there is a large pool, which was actually open. There is also a fenced dog walk and another playground for children. The main bath house is located at the end of the office, and there is another bath house which was closed due to repair(?). Perhaps I’m being a little too harsh since it had poured rain for two days, but being on a small, unlevel, tent site with saturated ground is not my favorite way to camp. There were only brief minutes to take any photos since it was constantly raining. With all this said, if you want an alternative to staying at a motel/hotel/inn in Greensboro to experience the numerous things the city has to offer, this is a good choice for RV campers or for those who want to stay in a cabin.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

While the owner was accommodating when we booked this RV site near Pinehurst, NC, he neglected to tell us that most of the sites were newly excavated. MUD, MUD, MUD everywhere ! I am sure it will be nice when it is completed BUT until then, it is not worth the $40 he is charging !

October Camping

I've stayed at this park many times but it has been a few years and this is my first visit since joining Dyrt. The park is nice and clean. The bathhouse was well kept. The staff had decorations throughout the park for Halloween which is something I dont remember them doing in the past. There is a nice playground for the kids. Beautiful sun rise over the lake.

Amazing

Had a great 2 nights here ! Can’t wait to come back!

So quiet and relaxing

Falls Lake State Recreation Area is huge, with seven access areas (4 of which offer camping).  We stayed at Holly Point, which offers both tent and RV camping on large, wooded lots.  Our campsite, 57, backed up to a finger of Falls Lake for fishing.  It was just a short walk to a clean swimming beach.  Best of all, it was a great place for the kids to explore!

Sites had their own trash cans.  A nice grocery store, some gas stations, and some restaurants were just a short drive out of the park.  We'd love to return.

Near beach, double sites

Loved having a double site with my parents. Close to the beach where we sat for hours. Clean bathrooms. Spacious sites. Plenty of privacy.

Clean, quiet

One of our go-tos since it’s close to home. Love access to the water. Sites are big and most have plenty of woods between them to block neighbors. Amazing how it can be so quiet with so many people around. Love!!

Cool place to explore

We had a great weekend camping here with our cub scouts in the Shinleaf group camping area. We had about 40 people and had plenty of room to spread out over three camping sites, Osprey Nest, Blue Heron and Bootleg point. The bathrooms were within easy walking distance. Lots of shade to put tents up under. Plenty of picnic tables and fire rings. The Park Rangers came by a few times and we bought some firewood from them. They were very friendly and helpful.

The area is cool to explore, there are several points on the lake you can easily hike to. There are boaters who use the lake mostly during day, even a few at 6:30am!

We even found a cool Northern watersnake eating a fish on the shoreline.

Overnight stay was nice

We stayed here on our way to the beach and on the way home to SC. The campground is huge and the sites are big and separated by lots of trees. We had a site on the lake with water and power only, there aren't any full hookups to my knowledge but there are well maintained dump stations and trash cans everywhere. It was a great campground for an overnight visit would like to spend more time at a later date.

Beauty, peace, and quiet

I spent a night at the primitive campsite right before new years and enjoyed it immensely. It was forecasted to be rainy and had been raining for a couple of days prior. The park was absolutely gorgeous and secluded feeling (probably thanks to the rain!) The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and provided plenty of info. The campsite had a bench and firepit. The site itself was off the trail a bit allowing it to be more secluded feeling. Overall, I loved it and will be going back. I hope to take a fishing rod with me next time as I have heard decent things about fishing there.

Lake Mickie Camping

This is a very secluded campground close to Lake Mickie, Who has kayak rental Friday through Monday, March until November. This campsite is way off the main road, and I suggest a truck, not sure the average car would make it. It is very basic but seem to be very clean

Northern Durham

A nice clean little campground close to Lake Mickie, who rent kayaks, Friday through Monday from March until November. There’s nothing fancy about this little secluded spot but they do have some playground equipment a little work out track and hiking trails. Also a picnic shelter.

Zooland is wonderful

It was a amazing time. Everyone so friendly. Nice park great activity for kids.

Good Campground for RVing but not so much for Tent Camping

This campground is one of the two listed at Falls Lake State Recreation Area, and I chose it because of its good reviews. The“primitive” area is Loop C, which means it does not have water or electricity at the sites. However, the sites do have picnic tables and lantern hangers. There are no designated tent pads, but you are instructed to set your tent up on the gravel. Unfortunately, the campground has flooding problems in the Loop C sites when it rains, and it started raining after I set up my tent. After thirty minutes of rain, my tent was standing in at least an inch of water, and there was nowhere else to move it. I ended up abandoning my tent to stay in the back of my SUV. The next morning, I looked at the other sites in Loop C, and they were also flat, which meant that it didn’t matter which site I chose. That is one of only two drawbacks that I saw in this campground. The other drawback was the nose from jets overhead from the RDU International Airport. It wasn’t noticeable at night(that may have been because of the pouring rain and the thunder), but during the morning, it was constant. My advice is not to stay in Loop C if it is going to rain. A raised tent pad would have prevented my tent from being flooded. The bath house is especially nice for a state park(state recreation area). The shower doors are a little narrow, except for the handicapped shower, but there is hot water. There are electrical outlets in the bath house as well, which I used to charge my cell phone. Other features about this campground include swimming beaches, a marina, canoe/kayak rentals, at least two fishing piers, a couple of playgrounds, and a store. The Mountains to Sea Trail passes through this park, and there are several other short trails as well. Overall, this campground is pretty good if you are in an RV or if you are in a tent and it is not going to rain.

Great campground in the making

This campground has plenty of room to park and activities to do. The staff is great and the owner is open to suggestions to make this campground great. The only complaint I have of this campground is that some of the sites have some some tricky slopes. Took some time leveling my rig, but turned out great. You will love this campground and is definitely worth a stop.

Nice pond

Nice fishing pond. Well off the road.

At the airport

A short walk to good eating, and nice airfield. Very limited number of sites, no more than 20 at the most. Most look long term.

Very rustic dispersed camping

You have a fire ring and a line to hang things from thats about it here, really nice place to camp if youre comfortable not having a toilet. Saw one other person here come in with a 30 foot trailer, didnt think he would fit but found a spot just fine. And the best part is its FREE CAMPING!!

Small

Small campgrounds with a couple sites, nice cheap camping. Stayed here one night while on the road to Jamestown from Asheville worked for me!

Primitive Canpinf site #65

Drive-in site long enough to accommodate a long camper. Non-electric site. It’s a fairly flat site and is about 100 feet from water’s edge and is directly across from a boat launch on the other side of the campsite’s shore line. This part of the lake is a finger branch cove, so it’s not directly on the main lake, which makes swimming nice. There is a small sandy beach front for chairs and observation.

We loved the educational experiences at this park. Very knowledgeable and clean.

Fun and educational

So much fun to camp here. They had a controlled burn of the Holly Hill Loop In February. It was really neat and educational to see the charred bottoms of the trees. The lake is beautiful and great for kids. We will be going back!

Nice

We stayed here in the winter months (Feb - April) and it was really nice. Nearest town for groceries is 10 min away but you'll have to travel to Greensboro for bigger stores. Lake is peaceful and provides beautiful sunsets. Office staff is friendly.

LAZY RIVER

The trails are nice and short, not too much room for extra exploration. Best advice is there are some big rocks in the river at various locations that you can lay on and take a nap. Super comfy and the water is also pretty shallow. Great place to get wet. Never camped here before, only day trips.

Hike-in primitive camping

Not crowded, nice selection of trails, plenty of fishing on the Cape Fear, woodland creatures abound.

Awesome trails

Haven't camped here but the trails are long and from easy to moderate. A bit packed on the weekends but if you go early it's easy to get parking

Fantastic underused sites

Fantastic sites with community showers and toilets in loop c where we stayed poop a and b have electric and water at each site. Lots of easy hiking trails , fishing piers , playgrounds , picnic areas and swimming beaches . You can also get to the water with a quick stroll through the woods.

Great Place

Family friendly, swimming, fishing, close to stores if needed, very clean and well maintained.