About Copake Falls - Taconic State Park
Hike In
Copake Falls - Taconic State Park is located in New York
7 Reviews of Copake Falls - Taconic State Park
Would stay again

Taconic State Park has a beautiful campground. No electric hookups, but plenty of water and tent sites are available with very large platforms. Bathroom facilities are adequate. There are 2 dog friendly loops at the back. Overall, very quiet and friendly.

2 lIfeguarded swimming areas — a kiddie pool and a deep area with floating dock to jump off of. Very short hike (or drive) to the beautiful Bash Bish falls

If you are traveling with a dog, be sure to bring proof of rabies— they ask.

Fees are $15 residents and $20 non residents plus processing fees.

Great price

This is basic dry camping it is fun but there is no electric or water at the sites o LU in the bathhouse. So if you get a site close the the bathhouse you will have water close by and electricity close. Otherwise it’s dry camping.. the platform sites are great it makes it real easy to set up a tent because of the platform that the tent goes on and the lake is ok. The kids don’t like swimming with fish so we didn’t spend much time at the lake

Avoid Weekends

This was a truly great campground, but it’s proximity to NYC draws large crowds on weekends.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I scooped out my spot via several different websites prior to coming. A lot of complaints that up front the sites were too close together and this was true, but more towards the back was more spacious and private sites.

I did enjoy this campground. The taconic mountains offer some great flora and fauna. We had several species of frogs and toads wandering about in the evening, giant millipedes were plenty, and even found a meet on our hike.

Some great hiking here as well. Sunset rock was an adventure but a blast and nearby is the main attraction Bash Bish Falls, which you take a short hike across state lines into Mass.

Overall this was my take. Very nice campground, but I’d avoid weekends. Not all, but some other campers were less than considerate of others and those who were at the site before us left a mess and threw their food into the fire pit. Still worth the trip.

Love it

awesome place to camp and then hike from the site to a huge waterfall, bathrooms were pretty gross when i went there though, spiders everywhere in the bathrooms but all im all an awesome adventure

Large campsite, quick hike to Bash Bish Falls

Had a couple spots right next to each other on a group trip. There are plenty of hiking trails nearby and of course, trails to Bash Bish Falls which is beautiful. It was low the first time we visited and we were able to make it to the top of the falls to go swimming and the views were incredible. The facilities were just what you needed after a long day of hiking and swimming.

Great Place for First Timers

I went here with two of my coworkers for a relaxing weekend getaway. I'm use to the rough and tough it of backpacking the AT Trail so this place had quite a few amenities I am not use to! Haha. We stayed at a platform tent site and were able to park two vehicles on site but the grounds had plenty of parking not too far from the sites. Each of the sites had a large platform (enough room for one very large tent or 2-3 smaller tents), a fire pit, and picnic table. You are very close to your neighbor in this area but when we were there everyone was very respectful. There was potable water a short walking distance away as well as flushing toilets. There was a very large open grassy field for play/sports, a playground and life guarded portion of the lake for swimming. This location was very accesible to the Bish Bash Falls trail and even had a few side trails to explore. This place is very good for easing on first timers and there were quite a few children so those who are parents should consider this a great place to get kids involved in the outdoors as well. There were other accommodations such as RV hook ups, events, and rentals but we weren't there long enough to take adavatage of those. Overall a great experience and relatively cheap for what you get. I believe it was around $30 for two nights which was the minimum.

Great spot for your whole family

This campground overall was pretty good. It is a larger campground, with large sites. Within the campground there are also restrooms available, showers and water. I would advise to bring your own water, because the running water they provide doesn't taste the best and smells like rotten eggs. Just my opinion. The campsites also have a fire ring pit and a picnic table, which was nice for my large family. It wasn't too busy when we went- we got there on a Friday night around 6pm and were able to get a spot. There are also some fun activities within the campground, and things nearby. There are some good hiking and biking trails. My family and I went on a hike one morning, and my brothers enjoyed riding their bikes along the path. There is a restaurant near by that plays live music. The night we went, it was country music. Not sure how often they do this, or if the music changes. They do also have cabins you can rent, but we enjoyed the camping experience. We were in section C, spot 85. It was a pretty good, private spot. The campground was pretty clean, although we did see some trash throughout the campground that we picked up as we walked by it.