About Hearthstone Point - DEC
Hearthstone Point - DEC is located in New York
9 Reviews of Hearthstone Point - DEC
Quiet relaxing and kid/animal friendly place

Had a amazing time with y family…. Quick trip to the village of Lake George

Great location right by the lake

We really enjoyed staying here. Wonderful campsite and very scenic! Would definitely go back.

Nice state campground in Lake George

Mega state campground on the lake just north of Lake George Village. Traditional state campground with big bathhouses and no staff. Kinda run down, but if you don't need much then its a beautiful place to camp. Our lakeside campsite had electric right at the site, so charging my stuff while traveling was made easy. Spacious site with enough room for many tents. And a large fire pit. Short walk to beach. You are packed in pretty tight, so don't expect much privacy. Cell phone had decent service. Quite affordand usually has a couple sites available for those who may wander in without reservations. Reservations can be made on the mega state wide site.

A family oriented campground

This campground is well suited for families and groups if you can get campsites near each other. The amenities were nice: picnic table and fire place with grate at each site, clean bathrooms (w/ showers) nearby, water spigots. Also has a nice lake view!

Lake George camping

the bottom part of the campground is gorgeous…the beach area is beautiful yoI are right on th l bIt kee I mInd not all sites are created equal though so def scout around for next stay and make note of your favorite sites. location is great to all things in lake George area….bathrooms could def be cleaner though even for a state park, especially given the popularity of this campground.

Hearthstone Point, Lake George NY

We always stay at Hearthstone Point in Lake George NY. It is a state run campground, no elec or water on all sites. There are water spigots placed throughout the park so you can fill up containers. It is always quiet in the park, and rangers drive through often. It has a small beach area right on Lake George, which is nice for swimming. The sites near the water fill up pretty quickly, so book well in advance if that's your choice. My entire family goes every year and we really look forward to our vacation away. The sites are good sized and wooded, not a good option if you need solar.

Water activities were a blast!

I am so thankful that l live close to the Adirondack park- where there are so many places to camp within this huge park. Hearthstone Point Campground is a lot of fun, and if you enjoy water sports and activities, then you will have a lot of fun staying here! My family and j came here a few years back, and I'm excited to head back soon. The campground is located on Lake George (there are a lot of other wonderful campgrounds located on Lake George also). Like I said, if you like being on the water this would be a great place for you to stay. We brought our boat and enjoyed water skiing, tubing and knee boarding. We saw some other people kayaking and stand up paddle boarding. Next time we come we will definitely bring our kayaks along too. My dad also did some fishing while we were boating, and he actually caught some type of salmon- which we had for dinner that night and it was amazing! There were other people fishing too, some by boat and some just fishing from the land. My family and I stayed 3 nights, and one of the morning we got up and went on a beautiful hike. There are a few different hikes nearby. We did Prospect Mountain…the views were gorgeous! The trail was well maintained and easy to follow. There were beautiful waterfalls along the way, and even some of the views through out the hike were awesome too! The hike wasn't too bad, if you are in shape then this hike will be no problem for you. The hike is also free :). The charge to camp overnight is $22 per night and if you aren't a state resident then it is an additional $5. We also just enjoyed swimming in the lake, laying on the sand beach and hanging by the campfire. The campground itself is pretty well kept and clean…they do have dump sites to throw your garbage away, I think this is why the campground is clean. They also have restrooms, which were some what clean- they didn't have seat covers available so if you use these I would advise to bring your own. For those who like to do other things then just outdoor activities, the Village isn't too far away (maybe a couple miles from the campground). There is a small shopping area with outlet malls here at the village. We went there one morning to get some coffee from a shop. There are no electrical hookups, which was fine for us because we just used tents, but just FYI for those looking for electrical hook up. One downside is that our camp site was close to the road so we did hear cars driving by at night, so I would advise to get a spot away from the road. We actually ended up switching sites the second night toward the back of the campground and it was perfect! Also loved how big the sites were, we didn't feel like we were crowded at all. The staff at check in and check out were awesome and the process went quickly. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a relaxing weekend getaway!

Fun!

Close to Lake George. Went on the trolley to the village. New adventure.

Hearthstone Point

Good location close to town of Lake George (short drive) and a good jumping off point for the rest of the Adirondacks. Used this as a base camp to get to high peaks region (a bit of a drive). Campsite was a bit noisy due to location close to major road. Nice views of the lake from the campsites.