About I-80 Lakeside Campground
Hike In
I-80 Lakeside Campground is located in Nebraska
6 Reviews of I-80 Lakeside Campground
Mom w/toddler

Awesome stop! Loved the trees, lake, and hospitality. Big site didn’t have to unhook which is nice for mom traveling with toddler. Safe environment and great fellow campers. Be prepared with food and don’t forget fishing/swimming gear!

Great little retreat

Very nice park just off I-80. There's a nice little lake that you can swim and fish (catch and release only), or rent a kayak or little boat. Full hookups available, with many pull through spots as well. Each spot has a fire pit and picnic table. In the middle of the grounds is a children's playground and 2 small fenced dog runs. Nice bathroom and shower facilities, and a nice store for many of your needs. And if you need more, there's 2 truck stops (travel plazas) across the interstate. Maybe the only drawback would be interstate noise. I highly recommend.

Awesome amenities

We were nestled between the lake, the playground and the dog off-leash area. Our girls were able to go back and forth independently, as we could see them from our campsite. We’ll definitely be back!

Lakeside campground off I-80

Nestled off I-80 in Nebraska off the 179 exit to North Platte you will find a decent campground. This campground has 89 Rv sites along with multiple tent sites which have little yellow fish signs to mark them. The Rv sites are gravel, level, have picnic benches and a fire ring. There is a small fishing/swimming lake that is catch and release only. Some fish you might catch are Crappie, Bass, Catfish, Walleye and others. They have a neat incentive where if you catch a tagged fish you win a boat rental. The boat rentals available are kayaks,paddle oats, and rowboats for rent at reasonable prices at the office. There is also a small 2 unenclosed dog walk, a playground, and a walking trail. Also available are horse shoes and volleyball. The restrooms are fairly clean. The showers in the women’s are being redone and are looking nice. There is a laundry facility on site. The office/store has camping essentials and firewood for purchase. The owners took possession and reopened in May of 2016. This campground is in short walking distance from the platte River-across the street. All and all it is a convenient and decent place to stop along I-80 as you are traveling.

Small lake off Interstate

We have stayed at this campground twice when we are traveling through. They do have boat rentals, kayaks, playground, small dog park, and a small store with few items. Overall nice- gravel pull through sites - maintained overall pretty good. Smaller sites. I might give it 3.5 stars but having the lake with rentals and a small store on site was nice— so 4 stars. Would recommend.

Best place in Nebraska

GREAT campground!! The people who own and run this place are just superb people! Genuinely nice and willing to help! The facilities are excellent and the lake is awesome! The store is stocked with about anything you could need and the prices are great! Highly recommended!!