Camping in East Butte

101 Reviews of 28 East Butte, Montana Campgrounds

lThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Outstanding

This is a beautifully maintained, brand new KOA. The young man who owns it is making many improvements. The showers are extremely nice. There’s a little camp store with a coin laundry. The owner is very knowledgeable about the area including glacier national Park. I would highly recommend this…

John B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice convenient camp grounds

My 1st time here. Read the reviews and its pretty much what everyone says. FYI there are no showers or drinking water. The Boulder river is right on the edge so you can get water there or from a stream at the western end of the park. I was able to get 5g service here... Depends on where in the…

Jeremiah H.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

So nice. Surprise snow!

What a wonderful place. So sleepy. Anaconda and the campground. We got a surprise snow on the 2nd night but stayed 8 days/nights.

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Nice quite place.

Clean and relaxing. Table and fire ring at each site. Nice creek and very little traffic noise.

Camille L.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Peaceful, pretty

Was easy to get to. Showed up at 5 and only one other car was there. Set up hammock camp and only saw 3 more car the whole time, none pulled in. Was secluded but would still hear some hum from the hwy. Nice mature trees, large boulders I used for a table.Only a bathroom for amenities. There were…

A
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Three forks KOA

Not sure if this is the same campgrounds as listed Nice place, good shade clean. New KOA owner here very friendly and all around awesome. Though spot close quarters tight turns. I think rigs or trailer bigger then 24ft will have a hard time maneuvering in here, but they do have good spots too. Ours…

• C8
  • so close
  • other sites
SiteC8
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Convenient from I90

We have stayed here a few times on a trip to or from the west coast. It is not far away from freeway I90.

It has never been crowded when we were there in spring or fall. Big campground, clean and tidy, in an open are with few trees. Shower building was OK. Park Visitor Center is nearby.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Level camp sites

This campground is adequate and has easy access from I90. It is located west of Butte, Montana. There are restrooms, showers and a laundry room. The restrooms could have been cleaner. However the camp sites are nearly level and the owners are friendly and helpful.

Mei San H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Couldn't make it to the camp

I have a Subaru and thought I'd try my hand at driving out to this camp spot. 17 miles from the camp you enter a dirt road. Most of the road isn't bad, but you definitely couldn't pass some spots without some clearance and AWD. 2.7 miles from the camp I spot another subie parked in a nice little…

• this is where I was stopped.
Steph C.
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Missouri headwaters

Pretty nice place. Campsites barely fit a tent but some sites for campers. Lots of hiking trails and super clean bathrooms. $24 for out of staters for the night

nThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

6 spots right on the river

Great sites. Close together but clean and right on the river. A little short on the length but okay for our 29’

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Right next to highway 15

Take exit 160 This spot is north of exit and you will go under the highway. Bridge is a bit scary, just go slow.

FreeganDave H.
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2021

On theBoulder river

Nice camp ground. It’s primitive , has a couple fire pits. Pack it in pack it out! Quit except the highway is just up and over the river. Free

Riley N.
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2020

Stopped here on the way to Glacier

This was one of my favorite places I’ve camped. It was very private and as two 20 year old girls sleeping in a car we felt very safe. We just happened upon the site very late at night and decided to stay the night. It was a great spot.