Fires Unknown
National Forest
Aspen is located in Lewis and Clark National Forest in Montana
2 Reviews of Aspen
Great place!

This campground is great! I really enjoyed staying here, and wish we were able to stay longer. My favorite part about camping here was the location, and the amount of activities nearby. There were a lot of great hikes along the way, some that were "easy" "moderate" and "difficult." I would recommend looking up hikes ahead of time, that way you can do a hike that best suits your abilities. One app I recommend is "All Trails" because you can search hikes in the specific area you will be in. The campground was awesome. The spaces were a pretty good size. You can rent a spot for either tenting or and RV. We opted to tent because we only stayed a few nights. We stayed here as we made our way to Washington. This was on our list of places to stop. There were quite a few mosquitos, so I would recommend bringing the best bug spray you own!!

Beautiful!

Montana is so beautiful and one of my favorite places to visit! I love that mountains are always surrounding you. This campsite was no different! Mountains everywhere!! The hiking in this area is perfect, views everywhere!! It doesn’t get any better. The campsite was great. It was pretty basic and typical of a campground. Bathrooms were okay, a little dirty. Picnic table and fire pit in each campsite. Definitely bring your hammock if you have one because there are some great trees for hammock hanging!!