The best GROUP camping near
Ferguson , MISSOURI

Most Recent Ferguson Camping Reviews
Private house?

Didn't find a campground, only someone's home. I didn't approach to ask, since it looks like a private home. Not sure why this is on the app.

No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.

Saw no Beaver

Beaver Dam State Park, Il

We did an overnighter here. We arrived in time to get a hike in before dinner meal.

The trail map is very basic and not totally accurate. The trails are poorly marked but with basic knowledge of your compass points you can figure them out. Staff may be limited due to Corona , so the trail maintenance may have suffered, it is overgrown in several areas. The overlook to the marsh is pretty cool. I found no mileage for the trails , there may be a purchasable map with more information or of course a trail App. The lake is picturesque and busy. Lotsa fisher people here. The trail goes all the way around the lake with several fishing spots. Theres a boat ramp near the parking area and several docks to use across the lake. A nice feature is located next to the boat ramp, a fish cleaning pavilion complete with pull down hoses.

The campground had an interesting set up. The sites in the loops are gravel and you have room but not a lot of privacy. I was in site 26 and you have to back between the two other sites into this one. Not difficult in my van but it could get interesting with a camper. I don’t think you would have the room to pull in and circle out. Electric at these sites , no water. There were hydrants spaces throughout for your water needs. The fire “rings” were interesting, with a flat “platform” to set your coals/fire on. Nice campground, I felt like somewhat of an outsider here, the occupants were possibly locals who obviously use the entire 14 day stay limit. Otherwise nice, basic, water activity centered campground. I did not see any swimming areas.

This is somebody's house

I don't know why this is on the app but it appears to be someone's house

Easy off highway stop

Quick one night stop along our road trip. Decent tent sites, standard ones are definitely more private than those with electric and water. Nice spot along the creek, but had other campers cutting through our site throughout the night. Overall decent experience.

Nice and clean

Stayed here for trip to six flags, well taken care of. People are friendly, has a nice and clean pool. Little shop with all sorts of stuff.

Nice and clean

Yogi

Prices were high with the kids love watching Yogi.

Good location for exploring St. Louis

This campground is fairly close to downtown and very close to lots of shopping. A great place to stay to stock up on supplies before heading west. We stayed 2 nights to have a day to visit the Gateway Arch. The pool and playground seemed nice even though we didn’t use them. Nice dog park for smaller dogs. Several cabins are available along with RV sites. The tent sites are next to a river under large trees. Plenty of spaces for big rigs. Our site was no very level but nothing our auto-leveling couldn’t handle.

This was such a nice and serene setting. Close to the city and local attractions, yet surrounded by nature none the less. The family atmosphere at this campground brings a smile to your face and the amenities are clean and in order. We loved it. It will be even better when they invent silent trains.