The best DRIVE IN camping near
McCool , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent McCool Camping Reviews
Beautiful campground

It’s a very nice campground but there isn’t much to do. It’s off season and the lake is empty. There is only one other person camping.

RV sites all have W/E and sites 31-48 have sewer. I didn’t realize that when I booked my site so picked #3 since it would fit my 40’ fifth wheel and truck. All sites have concrete pads and some are tree covered but not all. My site was pretty much level.

Only 1 public restroom is open and it is clean but smells musty. Unable to check the other restroom and bathhouse because they are closed.

The main roads are easy to navigate and the campground road is also easy to navigate and in really good condition.

I’d definitely stay here again if I’m back this way.

Great place to relax

This was a great spot to stop and relax we stayed 3 nights and was very peaceful. The bath house was close because of covid but the rest was good would definetely come back and recommend if traveling the Natchez Trace parkway. We were in a 41’ motorhome and had plenty of room.

Quiet country living

The lady that owns place was very helpful. This is a old KOA so some spots are small. You may need extra sewer or water hose due to hookups being in front of camper. However, there is fire wood and fire rings. There is pavilion with corn hole and things for kids. It is nice place. Phone number on this site is wrong. Her name is Whitney and number is 662-417-3236

Good stop for a night

This campground is tucked away off a side road from highway! It’s a pretty low key campground with more permanent homes. The spots are close together and not a lot of privacy but we were just passing through for the night so it was fine for us! Close to the town where MSU is!

They had 2 showers that had hot water, no laundry

The lady who checked us in was nice and showed us to our spot!

This is a duplicate listing with the wrong location.

Following Google Maps to this location will take you to a dead end on private property with little room to turn around.

Decent place to stay

This KOA is a decent place. We arrived after the office was closed. We had called ahead and they had a site saved for us. The only issue was, we could not find the site. It was a tent site and we could not find the assigned one. Being the off season and not crowded we just grabbed an empty site. The map they left only had the tent area not individual tent sites marked.

Bathrooms and showers were exceptionally clean. Grounds were clean. Very quiet place. I would stay here again. I looked like all the camper sites were clean and level.

Only reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is due to the site we were assigned to not being marked. Other than that it would be a 5.

Part 2: We had a mechanical issue with one of our motorcycles and the staff at the KOA went out of there way to assist us. They gave us a break on the 2nd night stay due to our situation. Changing this to a 5!!

Good close hike on Natchez Trace

Easy trails thru pretty words passing a natural spring. Nice picnic pavilion on top of trail. RV parking allowed but no hookups.

Great Quiet getaway

Very relaxing great set up and very quiet.

Not for Tent Camping

Pros: Very nice campground. Clean bath houses with showers, beautiful lake with a small beach. Access to mountain bike trails. Verizon cell reception for those going completely out of touch.

No's: Campsites are on top of each other with very little tree cover. Also, tents cannot be set up on grass; only on their "tent pads." (jagged rocks). I asked the camp host if any sites had actual tent pads instead of rocks and was told no.