The best BOAT IN camping near
Beechwood , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Beechwood Camping Reviews
Cleanest park I have ever seen.

This park also has the best bathhouses we have seen. Large swimming area, but it is down the rode a few miles at the marina. A lot of boat traffic from fishing. They do not allow sking.

Beautiful but noisy

This park is literally in the middle of Jackson, Mississippi in a beautiful setting. The lake was lovely and we saw herons, cranes, turtles and deer. The sites are right on the lake and the shower house was convenient and clean. It’s also secure; you have to have a code to enter and exit the park. The only problem was the sounds of the city. We heard sirens all night (it was Halloween night) and there is a recycling plant nearby and the sounds of crushing metal were really loud until about 11. In our tents we had to resort to earplugs. Great location. Picnic tables and fire rings.

Park on the water

Beautiful and spread out nicely. On the water makes for some great walks. Pull thrus and back ins are all spacious.

Kids loved it

Kids had a blast walking to the reservoir and hiking some trails. Will go back! One of the friendly park groundskeepers came and said hello when we arrived and introduced himself.

Excellent

Spotless. Wi-Fi was decent and ATT two bars. I had water/electric site that backed up to the woods and trail. Felt private and spacious. The lake is beautiful. Small town of Delhi is nearby and has gas/grocery store. Don’t forget to visit PP World Heritage site just a few miles up the road.

Pros: Large clean bathhouse, large level campsites, on site laundry facilities, walking trails and a lake. Very cool cabins on the water and visitors center.

Cons:Water playground broken on hot August days. Very little shade in the campground.

Nice place to visit

Campground has large, level sites. Some are pull through and some you back in. Some have just electric and water hookups and some also have sewage. If you select a non sewage system like I did there is a dump station available in the campground. There’s a water playground which would have been amazing since it is so hot but it’s broken. I stayed here in site #49. I would definitely return. Easy walk to the lake especially from this campsite.

Not many trees

Nice state park. Almost all the sites are very level. Water and electric hookups. Nice walking trails. Bathhouse and laundry facilities. Cabins on the water are really cool! They’re on stilts on the lake, not lakeside on the lake itself! Also they have lodged available. I am probably going back to this place soon. You can hear a train in the distance but it’s not super loud. The park beach, picnic area, marina and camp store are not in the campground but about two miles down the highway. Also in the area but not in the campground area itself are a wildlife park and a golf course.

The views are beautiful

The lady at the gate was mildly rude. Or maybe the previous place was just that friendly. She seemed as though I was a bother to her, getting checked in. She may have been tired or had other things on her mind though. At the spot, I understand we are in nature, but I was very shocked at all of the poison oak at the sites. Otherwise, it is very quiet with friendly neighbors. I didn’t use the showers, but the bathhouse was clean and pretty. The spots were easy to back in to. I would return. I’d really like to walk around the town and get pictures of all the beautiful churches!

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.