The best WALK IN camping near
Werner , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Werner Camping Reviews
Nice place to chill out

Little hard to find. It is on Stony Point Camp Road NW. It is 13 miles NE of Walker, MN on Leech Lake. Very nice campground. Electricity, dump station, nice showers, water, boat landing and fish cleaning shed. Be careful with water as a lot of the faucets are not potable. Just a few potable and they are marked so pay attention. We parked across from a potable but didn’t want people driving on hose so put a little in fresh water tank and rolled hose up. A large Pusher will have trouble but I seen people doing it. People are friendly and quiet. Camp sites are large with lots of large trees, a little on the rustic side which is what I look for. I would stop again. Campground dismissed maintaining August 2019 due to virus and lack of help. Showers closed. I would check ahead of time. Sadly this is happening nation wide due to the virus.

Great

Great campground, clean restroom and shower house, clean spacious and shady sites

Good but semi crowded and expensive

We liked this campground but it was a bit expensive due to the entry fee for the state park we had to pay for. It would have been a daily fee if we had stayed multiple days.

Need bug spray

This would’ve been a great campground right on the lake but the mosquito were horrible. There was no amount of bug spray to help.

Quiet lakeside camping

Electric sites, central water spigot at entrance. Dump station and water fill in Northome ($10). Fishing dock and boat launch. A lot of mosquitoes during our July stay.

Right price, easy access, off the road

This is a State Forest Campground, and for the price of only $14 a night, you can't go wrong. Although you may get some noise from RVs with generators, we visited in late september, and there were enough sites to choose from that we could be away from that noise. Almost every site had a fair amount of space, and some privacy from neighboring sites with brush and foliage. There seemed to be pathways back to little vault toilet houses, and when we visited, they were very clean! They must have been recently cleaned, and there was no smell at all. Perhaps the cooler weather had something to do with that as well.

We had a fire ring that was tall, and deep. With a grate so you could grill. A picnic table, and again, plenty of space for our teardrop trailer. The property had a few small, short trails through the woods, and also boat access.

It's far enough off the main road that you won't hear road noise. You will, however, see and hear deer, and possibly black bear.

There's no electricity, because it's a State Forest campground, but if the price of $14, it's exactly what we wanted for this time of year.

One more bonus is that motorized two-wheel vehicles and off-road vehicles are not allowed past the entrance. That doesn't mean they can't be carried on the back of a truck, but you will not find them riding around this campground. Made things a little bit quieter!

Pretty good

Not a terrible place to camp. Great amenities and care taken to clean bathrooms and showers. Walk in tent site was large enough to accommodate a 10x18 tent easily. Raccoons are smart enough to open coolers and non latching totes. Mosquitoes will also sweep you off around 9pm even with bug spray.

Small, quiet camp, with large sites

Camped here for a quiet weekend away. Had a beautiful view of the Knutson Dam, and out onto Cass lake. There was some ATV traffic, but they did most the riding outside the camp area, on forest roads. Primative camp with one outhouse for 14 sites, but never had to wait 😄. Sites vary from fully wooded to partly shaded. Was lucky to see the northern lights on this trip.

Little Gem By A Lake Completely Empty

I was driving by and I saw a CAMPGROUND sign, so I thought I check it out. It is labor day weekend and it is completely empty. There is self-check-in with an envelope, there are only 13 sites electric. I believe the other side is better for tents. It's right on a small lake with a boat ramp, you can kayak here.

I am completely shocked to find this little gem, it was not on any map, that is why I believe it is empty. It belongs to the town Northome.

They have a nightly price which is $14 and a weekly price is $70 for seven nights. The sites are kind of closed to one another but since it was empty, I had it all for myself.

Nice place busy

There are a lot of things to do/see here. Headwaters, fish on lake itaska miles and miles of hiking/biking trails. Now the camping its really nice on weekdays and its ok on weekends but weekends have more kids and noise as expected. The major downfall was the FLIES they were insane there were so many one day we had to go inside just to get away. So plan on some fly deterrent method. This trip tought us we need it.