The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Myrtle , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Myrtle Camping Reviews
So Much to Do!

This is such a great campground for families! So many activities including a water recreation area, petting zoo, shuffleboard, mini golf, pool, toddler water park, multiple playgrounds, basketball and more. The only drawback is they REALLY pack you on like sardines and the roads are really narrow so unless you get there early your camping tip is going to start with the “backing in argument.”

This was a nice campground with private sites. We were in site 70e and was very private and close the the showers. Lots of great hiking and forestville is very charming but tours were not running due to COVID. There was no AT&T cell coverage.

A fun Labor Day!

Was so much fun!! Best Labor Day in awhile.

Best Memories of My Childhood

I’m probably a little biased. My parents started coming to this park to ride horses in the 70s. We spent at least 3wks every year here when I was a kid trail riding, hiking, even tubing down the Root River (there’s no commercial tubing available and you have to get up and walk through rocky shallow spots, so it isn’t ideal for this, but tell my 10yr old self that).

I stayed here recently in the “people campground.” I hiked 12mi in one day and had a great time. The campsite itself was great—privacy and no loud neighbors. I always make sure to stay in spots without electric if possible to escape the culture and noise that accompanies RV camping. Site #4 isn’t very level, but it backs up to the river and the access trail out of the campground. Forestville never disappoints me—I even randomly ran into my own uncle while hiking!

Nothing special - but a great quick escape from Minneapolis

Our site was a perfect tent-in site(site 15), as it was far enough away from the highway and other sites, so noise was minimal. The bugs were actually tolerable, which was an added bonus. Downsides were that the drinking water had consumption warnings, the modern restrooms were closed, and the lake isn’t swimmable. Otherwise there was some great hiking, and the park ranger was friendly and very prepared for COVID.

Small quiet campground

This is a very small campground. The sites are not very private. Have some nice hiking trails and a small lake a short walk from the campground. We were in spot 15 and there was no shade in the morning to early afternoon. There was little to no cell phone coverage for AT&T

Wonderful gem near Forestville state park

Some girlfriends and I wanted to stay at the camp for the weekend and have a place to social distance ourselves. We rented the horse camp sites and we couldn't have been happier. The sites have water and electric. There are high ties for the horses. The sites have a nice gravel pad with a picnic table and fire ring at each site. There is also a dump station that we were able to use before we left on Sunday. None of us had been at this campground before and love trying new places. We are endurance riders so we are used to early nights and up at dawn for riding. This camp was so nice and quiet! We had a nice fire after dinner listening to the water and birds. There were families with children, couples of all ages and well behaved dogs everywhere! The owner Andy as so gracious answering our many emails and questions. He went the extra mile at every turn. We can't thank him and his employee(who's name I sadly can't remember) we're just absolute delights! We will absolutely be back. And we will always check here first to see if their horse sites are open before checking the state camp. It's a very short road ride to the park trails and the campground and their amenities are first rate. I can't wait to return!!!

Terrible place to camp

I was a seasonal camper with Kamp Dels with a 7 and 9 year old. With Covid-19 and not knowing if the pools would be open we called to see if they had a plan of action for campers. They have 1 or 2 activities a day that last 10 minutes so not having a pool is a big deal for us. Our kids would go stir crazy and not have a thing to do. When we asked what our options are the owner Erin was extremly unprofessional and yelled at my husband. We have gone round and round with terrible customer service from them. She was rude and her husband refused to call us back. We now are out$1000.00 to pull our camper after staying only 1 weekend. I have heard many complaints of the staff owner and had I heard those before we signed up we never would have chosen Kamp Dels. Go elsewhere!! Even for a weekend. This place is not work your time and effort to camp at.

Seasonal

We’ve been a seasonal there for 4 years and love it. The grandkids love the water park and there’s so many things for the kids to do. The staff has many activities for the entire family. It’s great fun to watch all the different RV’s comes into the campground. Great staff and very easy to work with and a safe place for all.

A perfect getaway

Everything was beautiful. We camped for a week in southern Minnesota state parks, but this one is our favourite.