Camping in Kenwood Gables

218 Reviews of 21 Kenwood Gables, Minnesota Campgrounds

A
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Horsefly Camping Trip From Hell🥺

My husband and I paid for one night at a non electric drive in tent site with the disabled discount it came to $11.50. When you first pull in to the park there we’re an average amount of annoying bugs, especially for an 85 to 90 degree, summer day in a highly vegetative, woodsy park. Staff was not…

SiteA5
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Fantastic and well-run campground

This is a beautiful Park with three separate loops, one for full power and hookups, one with only power and water available and the other with no power. The sides are large and private. Some are wooded and others are open but all were quite nice. Frankly, I'm not sure when I've stayed at a better…

• relaxing at the end of the day.
M
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Nice campground on river

Nice campground on the river. There is lots of hiking trails but the deer flies could be bad on some of the trails. Spotty AT&T cell phone coverage.

Site44e
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Algorithms don't make for good customer service!

I made a reservation over 3 months before my stay. When I arrived, I was given a site that backed up to a very busy road. There was also no shade on the site and I was 3 feet or less from my neighbor. Many of the reviews mentioned nice shade trees but not all sites have them. When I asked the owner…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Great one night stop

Great place to stop and rest when traveling through the twin cities. Great price for full hookup.

SiteA26
Jenna W.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Went camping for the first time, with 2 kids (8 and 4). Bathrooms were clean, there was a beach and playground nearby. Enough shopping nearby also to replenish groceries but feels woodsy. Nice nature area nearby as well.

B
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Secluded in the Minneapolis Suburbs

Lebanon Hills is a great park and has a lot of trails for hiking and mountain biking. Our family selected this camp ground to test out some gear -- if we had problems or if we forgot something it was a short drive home. Turns out this is a wonderful camp ground and offers a lot of seclusion.

…

• Site 69 with the picnic table in its default location
  • Camping pad is large enough for our 9x13 tent and 11.5x11.5 Clam Escape shelter
  • Tree cover was full enough in the 3rd week of May was so tight that our camp site was nice and dark for sleeping
E
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Meh

Not especially welcoming and a little run down. Our site was nice because we had an end site, otherwise sites are on the small side. The playground could use some revamping and the pool area was closed and looked sketchy. The location was perfect for us, but I doubt we will ever go back.

Nettie W.
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Lots of trees and seasonals

Navigating around trees was not so fun with our 5th wheel. We got the slideouts to fit in between the trees. A drive around showed many seasonal, if not permanent, trailers and campers. A golf cart would be best for getting around. Fishing pier, swimming beach and rental boats close to the office.…

Kimberly L.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Gorgeous terrrain ! Fun for families!

The camp office was so east and friendly! Well placed sites nestled near lovely walking trails - Very nice water hook ups and electric- well maintained! Loved this Camping Site! Conveniently located between Wisconsin and Minneapolis/St Paul airport .

• Traveling in style in our Dutch Star!
  • walking trails
  • lovely trails
Sitemodern campground
Teek D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Private camping only

Not open to the public anymore.

SiteN/A
Month of VisitOctober
Jaime N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Always a treat

Nature surrounds, spring is a great time to visit too! The birdsong and birding is awesome, nice and quite this May!

Siter7
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Terrific Semi-secluded carry-in sites

First, terrific park. Lots of trails with a wide variety of landscapes. Prairie, forest, river, it’s got it all.

My campsite was perfect. The woods made it very secluded. It was close enough to water and bathrooms so it wasn’t bad if you planned. They do have firewood available however it is long…

Month of VisitApril
Denny K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Beautiful beach

These sites are spaced very well in the woods Nice horse trails hiking trails fishing is okay no hookups

Alison O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

One of our favorites !

Remote camping circle with TONS of trails that go down the ravine and alongside the river!