The best YURTS camping near
Biscay , MINNESOTA

17 Reviews1 Campground
Top Yurts Campground near Biscay Minnesota

Most Recent Biscay Camping Reviews

This was a nice campground and great hiking.

Nice and clean, but wind was terrible

We had a great site with plenty of room for my large family. The campground was clean and nice with plenty of area for the kids to explore. The strong wind off the lake made fishing from shore nearly impossible. Only one dock was in the water, but the kids loved the beach.

Loved the beach!

Swimming was great! Cute little store by the beach. Sites we’re pretty close together but it was still an enjoyable time!

Mt Tom and new beach area

We thoroughly enjoyed the hiking trails here. Plenty of space to socially distance. Equestrian camping area is nice and plenty of horse trails too. The biggest hit for me was the newly remodeled beach area on Lake Andrew. Plenty of space and a nice “fishing” pier to hang out at. They rent kayaks there too!!

Relaxing & Quiet

We had a site at the Oak Ridge campground. Each site was very enclosed by trees & it made it really cozy & private. We went down to the lake to see it, but didn’t go swimming so I have no opinion of it. The Lakeside campground looked nice too so I’ll have to try to reserve a spot on that side sometime in the future. We were only there one day so we didn’t explore a whole lot.

Winter wonderland

What a beautiful park and great camping spaces. We saw the cabins and they looked amazing. The activities around the were plentiful such as snow shoes and sled hill and plenty of trails. Well kept. Beautiful area

Forest meets prairie

This state park uniquely showcases an ecologic transition zone between hardwood forest, savannah, and prairie. There are also local history connections. As a bird watcher, I was very excited to see birds here that I dont usually see at home in northern Minnesota, and to learn a bit more about glaciation in this area and about prairie and savannah habitats. The park has self guided hikes, educational nature programs, and learning kits for birding and more that you can check out at the ranger station. The lakeshore is pretty, and the lakeside campground is green and leafy with mature trees but the campsites are very close together, and the beachfront and bath house are currently closed for renovation which puts a damper on waterfront activities. Away from the lake is another campground in the oak savanna section of the park, and this campground seems quieter with more spacious sites, although they are more open. The park’s camper cabins are located here and are in a very pretty setting tucked into a little hill, though a bit of a walk to the bathrooms and showerhouse. At both campgrounds there are nice ADA sites which are level, spacious and accessible, and also close to the bathrooms. I was at a conference in nearby Willmar, and this park is a good alternative for lodging if you need to be in the area. If you are really into learning more about prairies and local glacial geology, the nearby Prairie Environmental Learning Center is fantastic to visit, and lots of prairie pothole WMAs are also closeby for waterfowl watching

Nice scenery. Tight spaces

Not my favorite campground. Sites are very cramped

Our favorite MN State Park

This park has everything from bike trails, hiking trails, look out tower at the top of Mount Tom, to swimming and fishing. Close to our home so we go often!

Our local park

Nice quiet little park. Not to far from home. Sites are nice and the restrooms and showers are close.