Adrian, MINNESOTA
Most Recent Adrian Camping Reviews
Very small campground

Very small campground. Only 6 sites,  Pit toilets,  2 ponds. Water and electric hookups.  Nice open shelter under a large tree. Fishing and open country,

Very family Friendly

Very modern campground with part time resident hosts.  Rangers are also available. 4 modern cabins and 48 sites with water, electric , cable tv. internet, and separate dump station. Snack bar and a nice sand beach on the premises.   A very  nice playground for the kids.  Small lake where boating is permitted but no gas motors.  Also nice for canoeing, kayaking or  fishing. Nice paths for hiking or biking. Only half mile to town where you can get anything you need

Good travel stop

We stayed on our way from IL to Black Hills SD. Super easy access as well as easy pull through. Level enough to not unhook. Nice play area and pool. Also a neat little micro brewery walking distance, across the road. Very nice staff and an RV dealer next door. Very close to I-90 and it’s noise, but that comes with the easy access.

Clean and convenient

Visiting family in Sioux Falls. The campground facilities (bathrooms, showers) were very clean as was their small general store. Mini golf course could use some work. Right on I90 so road noise is an issue. The managers were extremely friendly and accommodating.

Great area

Beautiful stone pillars. Great area to camp in.

Cart- in Camping with Lake Superior Views

Loved the whole area around Split Rock Creek State Park. The campground was clean with good facilities and I loved the organized cart in operation! We chose site 5 for it's view of Lake Superior!

Each site had a fire pit, bear locker and picnic table, and sites are reservable in advance (see photos for instructions).

There's lots of hikes around the state park -- the most notable being those that let you catch a view of Split Rock Lighthouse. Worth the visit.

Very family oriented

This campground is geared to families with children. They looked like they were having a great time with lots of activities during our overnight stay. It was trick or treat weekend so the park was overflowing. Sites were close without concrete or asphat pads although they are relatively level. If we had known it was trick or treat weekend we would have picked a different park just to avoid congestion. Roads in park were rough with puddles.

Fun weekend!

we had a great weekend at this park! Great hiking trails and water activities!

Small park with great campsites and trails

Bison. Wildflowers. An old quarry.

And that’s about it.

Beautiful park with nice trails… you can hike them all in an afternoon if you’d like.

Highly recommended for a night or two.

Clean and quiet.

The small lake is nice with a nice beach

Small, but quiet

Or at least on the day I was there. Stayed overnight on a trip toward Minneapolis. I made this a stop so that I could collect a couple of geocaches in the State's Aquatic Challenge. I cached here and one other SP in the vicinity. I was in this park a year ago but, did not camp. It is a beautiful park, near water and generally quiet during the week. Electric sites, water and dump station available at entrance/exit.

Site 20

Beautiful peaceful state park

This is a beautful state park campground. The sites are large and wooded without feeling closed in. There is biking and hiking. I believe you can also fish in the river, but we didn’t try it. The only downside is that their water is contaminated. They provide directions to a city site where you can fill your camper tank, and they give out a gallon of drinking/cooking eater when you check in. At Blue Mounds you can experience the prairie and what it must have been like for early settlers.

Best place ever!

What an amazing place! First time here and will definitely be back! So much stuff to do, especially for kids. Nice shady spots. Very gamy friendly. We took a late checkout just to experience more!

Awesome campground

Veri clean and quiet! Check in people were very polite and helpful!

Lots of shade and grass!

We stayed here in a travel trailer. The site was level with lots of shade and grass. Spacious sites,not too close. Our site was along the river but it wasn't easy to access the water from our site. The biking, walking trail was great! Lots of bugs and mosquitoes. It was very quiet here, and the rangers were really nice. We had electricity and could access water close by. Only a long drop toilet nearby, but there were bath houses. There was firewood for sale at the entrance.

City camping near the ball diamonds

This campground is located on the Big Sioux River near the ball diamonds. A train runs often nearby and the quarry does blasting. It’s not especially peaceful with all that going on! They do have a nice bike route along the river though.

Peaceful small town campground

This is a pretty little campground next to a river. Tent sites have a loop in the back and rv sites are along the road. This campground is never full so if you need a spot for a night, this would be a good one to check. Lots of green grass and a nice playground. Many people do some fishing here too.

Nice, updated facility

The bathrooms are very nice compared to a lot of KOA’s. A/C in buildings, clean, large laundry facility ($2 for 30 minute washer, $0.25 for 10 minutes of dryer), game room, indoor pavilion/storm shelter in case of rain, large dishwashing sink, and lots of available water spigots. There’s lots of RV sites, and a large grassy area for tents randomly spread out. It is right next to I-90 so it’s a bit noisy from that but it’s super easy to get to off the highway!!

A night Sioux Falls

Great accommodation and large RV sites

Pond FULL of Wildlife

This campground is FCFS, with a money drop box at the beginning of the camppad loop. There were only 2 spots left when we arrived and wound up with the spot right next to the airport fence. There were terrible bugs while we were there but we spent hours on the dock watching the fish, turtles, and muskrat? swimming around right near the dock. There is also a small playground and a paved trail that takes you into town. Bathroom was clean but not very private with only thin curtains rather than doors on the stalls.

Busy!

Full hookups and entertainment was great, but spots were close together and everything was always full of dust from traffic on the gravel driveways throughout the park. For the price, won’t be going back often.

Unexpectedly amazing

Last August we headed to Blue Mounds to investigate out the SW corner of our state for the first time. We swung through New Ulm on the way there to check out the Schell's brewing company and we also stopped at Laura Ingalls Wilder's Plum Creek to break up the drive from the twin cities. The drive itself got pretty boring on the last half- lots of flat fields and cows. As you get closer to Luverne things start to become more interesting and the town of Luverne itself was an unexpected delight.

Yes, the water currently has e.coli in it. There is a huge alert on the park's page explaining how you can go about accessing water and showers nearby. The $17 rate is the discounted price to reflect the e. coli discount. The main campground is pretty open, some sites have shade, it is a prairie after all. The cart-in campsite offers much more privacy with the grove of trees there. The bathroom facility at the drive-in campground is much nicer than the one for the tipis and cart-in sites.

We spent one night in the tipi (cool experience for $30-$35 a night) and two nights at a cart-in site w-09. Some of the paths to the cart-in sites are not flat and rather long, but ours wasn't bad at all. I would definitely consider staying at that campsite again. I don't think I would necessarily stay in a tipi again unless I could book it on short notice if I knew that the weather was going to be dry and cool. The day before we got there it had rained quit a bit and when we arrived it was HOT. This meant that we got to enjoy our tipi experience with the aroma of hot wet tipi. The tipi floor is a platform made out of manufactured deck boards that keep you off the ground. The tipi itself isn't nearly as critter-proof as a tent. We wound up packing up our belongings and putting them in our car between leaving the tipi and moving into our campsite since we wanted to go check out the local area before we could check into our next site and somehow a garter snake got transported out of the tipi in our belongings and into our car- awesome haha.

The park was flooded a few years back which washed out a quite a bit- the lake that used to be there is now gone and just overgrown with plants. Most of the park is dedicated to the bison, so hiking opportunities are kind of limited. There are a ton of bison, but you either get to see them or you don't unless you go on one of their bison tours. They were present by the fence twice while we were there. There is pretty much a large trail loop with another large loop that swings off of that. Bring a wide-brimmed hat and tons of sun screen, not much tree cover on the trails. The one visitor center located in the southern portion of the park appeared to be permanently closed.

Luverne was cool. There are tons of historic houses and next time I'm out there I'll spend some time driving through neighborhoods to check them out. There is a basic grocery store off of Main Street for anything that you may need to pick up. I kind of wish that we had gone out to eat in town more because of how great the food was. Sterling's was delicious and much more upscale than anything I expected to find out there, the local Buffalo Sweat beer was great enough that I tried to find it at the local liquor store before I left. Showers are available at the Luverne aquatic center for free.

Overall I really enjoyed my experience and I look forward to my next trip out there, whenever that may be. If you are coming from the Twin Cities make sure to hit up Schells and Laura Ingalls Wilder's Plum Creek homestead like I mentioned above. Nearby side trips are Pipestone, Touch the Sky prairie, and Jeffers Petroglyphs

Short but sweet stay!

Only stayed one night, but very nice campground! Nice sites and everything was very clean and well kept!!

Good Campground Decent Hiking

There isn’t a lot to choose from around the Sioux Falls area. There are plenty of trails and clean restrooms to use. Overall we really like this location. Some of the sites are pretty close together though.

Pocket of Quiet Beauty

This is a sweet little tucked away oasis near Sioux Falls featuring trails, bluffs and climbing options. Great views and clean camp sites.

very fun spot!

visited here with my sister and our families. lots of fun places to swim and beautiful rock scenery!

Great for kids!

We stayed here for the 2nd time. We love the pool, playground and the jumping pillow! The bath house is very nice! We love it here!

Great park, limited privacy campground

the park is beautiful and the lake is really nice, however the campground was essentially an open field with sites numbered along the edge. No privacy which made it tough to travel with dogs and kids were running around everywhere. Well kept but wouldn’t stay at this site again.

Beautiful quiet park to camp

This local spot is an unexpected beautiful spot in the landscape. The amenities are limited but its refreshing

Great campground with all the amenities

The campground is somewhat bare because the trees are small, but the lakes are wonderful for swimming, fishing, and beaching. About 1 mile out of town