the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
William OBrien State Park is located in Minnesota
22 Reviews of William OBrien State Park
Great hiking and kayaking

I stayed in the Copas cabin and had a great time! campsite was private and lots of hiking trails. River and lake access as well for fishing, boating and kayaking.

great getaway near twin cities

This was a great spot for a quick camping trip with a fire pit and close proximity to bathrooms, as well as being right along the river. There are easy trail access from the campground.

Nice hiking

I came here for the day and I love the hiking trails! I could spend all day here and it’s relaxing.

Beautiful sites on the bluffs of the St. Croix

campsites are right by the river and alongside a nice hiking trail. Lots of trails all over the park and clean, private campsites

Savanna Campground

This campground is lovely. You can hear frogs all night and we even saw a turtle laying eggs in a different campsite.

beautiful state park

We love this park!! very friendly and well kept! Two campgrounds to chose from. Tons of hiking, fishing, and great picnic area next to the river!

Beautiful and clean

Next to the St Croix River. Clean and well kept. Camp sites are mostly secluded by woods but are close to neighbors. Lots of trails to explore. Beach

Quite and relaxing

This is a nice quiet campground with great hiking trails, a bike trail and close to historic Stillwater.

Homey, Picturesque, Fresh Air

I camped here in April and got a camping spot on the edge of the River Campground facing the woods. I loved this spot and it was plenty big for parking two cars, tent, hammock, chairs, you name it! It appears that most tent camping is on the outer edges and RV camping is in the middle. No one was noisy, wasn't a "party" campground which was great for peace and quiet. It was great being so close to the river trail. Great views and fresh air!

Close to the Metro, but very spacious

We have stayed at this campground several times. We prefer the non-electric sites, because they are usually more private, more available. There is lots of space between sites.

The lower campground is close to the river, and has beautiful trails following it. The lake is clean and is great for a swim on a warm day. We brought our kayaks, and paddled the river.

The facilities are always clean and well kept.

We really enjoy it there.