The best TENT SITES camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Springwood Camping Reviews
Nice and dated

It was probably an amazing park 30 years ago. The creek was really nice. Sites were good size and ours had a patio. Had a fair amount of amenities for kids.

Surprisingly nice

Surprisingly nice campground in a city. Lots of things for kids to do and access to bike trails outside of the complex.

Nice place

This is a small facility that is well maintained. The staff is amazing. The showers are clean/hot and the playground is in very good condition.

If the campground had better wifi and cable it would get five stars.

Diverse friendly RV campers!

Nothing here no access from C&O canal

Nothing here no access from C&O canal. Unless someone’s lost in McKee Bieshoeeer, I doubt you’ll find anything. The marker shows site on or in canal. Most sites that are north of the path shown are not really there.

Mm 26.2 c&o

River view lots of room port pot, fire ring and grill. Picnic table water pump. Non pot water.

Good spot mid river

Lots of room under trees two picnic tables and fire pits. River view. Water pump and port John.

No access it shows this site in a field near the canal

No access it shows this site in a field near the canal but there no way to cross over the canal. There’s a large parking spot sized green patch on the river side of the canal. No river view.

Scenic, accessible, and peaceful!

Site Details: We stayed on site#13 in the Rock Run camping area. The site was very level, nicely shaded, and positioned a short distance from the bath house. There was also a water spigot located right at the entrance of the site. However, the best feature in my opinion was the sort of “hidden” clearing in the woods right behind us, with a group of boulders for sitting. My kids loved playing down there. I don’t think there is a bad site in this camping loop, but I think we got the best electric site. It was a tad on the short side though, so I wouldn’t book if your rig is longer than 25’.

Facilities/Overall Park: This is a very peaceful and heavily wooded park, with minimal but perfectly adequate facilities. The bath house was large and well-maintained, and the outside dish sink even had a garbage disposal. There are a decent selection of trails for all activity levels, and there is a facility called the Tea Room that is very popular for events(though we didn’t visit it while we were there). No large playgrounds, but we did see a few bare-bones swing sets scattered throughout the park.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: This park is in a great location for outdoor enthusiasts. Cunningham Falls, Catoctin Mountain, and Greenbrier SP(with AT access) are all a short drive away. The nearby cities of Frederick and Middletown offer all modern conveniences.

Overall, we really liked this park, and it is now on our “short list” of favorite MD state parks. If you can’t find a site at the nearby, more well-known parks like Greenbrier and Cunningham, this would be a great alternative. Heck, even if the others aren’t booked up, you still might want to opt for Gambrill anyway if you’re looking for a more peaceful, secluded camping experience.

Great place for a staycation

BR park is absolutely beautiful. So much to do and centered around many historical sites. It’s a gem

My favorite spot!

I camp there multiple times a year! It's dog and family friendly, close to resources, but far enough that it's quiet and feels remote! No cell signal in the campground so the family is forced to disconnect. I absolutely love it!