The best YURTS camping near
Leonardtown , MARYLAND

Most Recent Leonardtown Camping Reviews

Clean, quiet campsite! The family and I had a great time. We enjoyed building a campfire and hiking all the beautiful and scenic trails! We will definitely go back again

Secluded RV Park

We have been here since the beginning of the COV19 pandemic. Most of the people here are permanent because they work at the Naval base. The facilities are good, but basic. There is a laundry room, a couple of bath houses, a playground for the kids and there is a pier that you can fish from. They do mow the grass in common areas and between camp sites. However, many campers have a mower or weed whacker to keep their site maintained. The people are friendly, but we are all keeping our social distancing. There is a guard at the gate and you need a military ID to get in. If you aren’t looking for something fancy, this place is good.

Another great VA State Park

The park is yet another great VA syate park. We tend to use the state parks because you know what to expect. The park is well off the beaten path, but has plenty of historic and other attractions near by. We stayed on the B loop, the lot we reserved by only looking at a park map was nice a spacious for our popup. We were a little too close to the other site, bad design, other camp fire was right next to the the trailer spot. We ended up keeping our trailer closer to the road to avoid any possible fire damage. The bath house was kept very clean until the weekend. If you need the showers, its two stalls men and two womens side. The trails are ok, and the rest of the park has the unkept feal. We are glad we came but dont expect to come back.

The ranger drives through often and had to run a large group out of the park that had no respect for others.  I'm glad to see the ranger uphold the park.

Fantastic campground

Grounds were immaculate,  great place to camp and… I found a sharks tooth

Winter Trip

Went in March 2018 for my birthday, when it was still VERY cold, but had a wonderful time. The beaches and trails seem so much more peaceful and untouched this time of year. Definitely gets windy near the river. Nothing a big pot of camp soup or chili can’t help! Bath houses are heated which is amazing. We had a large group so we rented B49 and B48.

A Favorite ✨

I LOVE this park. The tent sites are awesome and mine have always been pretty private feeling despite being somewhat near others. Bathhouses are always SO clean and heated in the winter. So appreciate the recycling bins. I love the sharks’ teeth display in the shop and when I was there they were working on putting bones together of a whale that was found! At the time of my visit a couple of weeks ago there was a bit of algae in the water that could cause irritation to stomach and skin, so just be mindful of this. I did hike down to fossil beach but definitely avoided the water. If you’re anything like me, traveling for peace and quiet and solitude, I highly recommend Sunday and Monday nights if you have flexibility with jobs etc. It was SUPER quiet during my stay. Absolutely wonderful. Oh - and check for ticks and bring your bug spray. Gotta love humid Virginia summers! I had site A22 and it was away from a bit compared to other sites.

Camping by the beach

I’ve been to Westmoreland a couple times to look far sharks teeth with my parents but I finally got to go camping and enjoy that park overnight the camp store is a good addition with out having to walk to far. They have a lot to do at Westmoreland and boy I mean like two nights isn’t long enough to even see half of it all I really liked this park and would like to go back some time next summer

Solid campground, amazing park!

Westmoreland State Park is a gorgeous park with amazing views of the Potomac River. The camping is pretty good too! The sites we have stayed at have all been super clean and close to bathrooms and water. They include a fire ring, picnic table and a hook for your trash. The bathrooms are clean and have hot showers. The site specific campsites are definitely better than the unspecified ones. A24 was a good campsite, very unique in terrain. You walk down a set of stairs from your car to the site. There's a 2 foot drop off the side of the campsite making it seem like your on the edge of the world, very cool!

Beautiful views! Amazing hiking! Go to NN Burger, if you need to leave the campground it is close by, yum!

Just average

Stayed over Memorial day, enjoyed the pool and the beach was nice. It could use some maintenance. We were surprised that by Memorial Day the grad wasn't cut, many long term camore's cut their own. Overhead lights were out all over the site. Some of the grills had rotted through and were not usable, just eyesores. A few maintenance upgrades and I would have rated it higher. It's in a great location, so it has that going for it.

amazing place

I absolutely love this campground. The sites are pretty secluded, which is nice if you want to actually feel like you're out in nature.

The state park is located right on the potomac river, which is pretty cool. The best part is that you can actually find sharks teeth on the beaches here. When it rains, the teeth get washed out of the cliff (since this whole area used to be covered in ocean). My family has always loved coming here to look for sharks teeth on Fossil Beach.

The place also has great trails for walking, running, or hiking.

If you want to get away from the camp ground, the area is pretty cool to explore as well. George Washington's birthplace is near Westmoreland, so history buffs can find plenty to do.

Great campground!