The best GROUP camping near
River Sioux , IOWA

Most Recent River Sioux Camping Reviews
Peace & quiet

Reserved electric unit 090 for the weekend, which had a scenic corn field for a backdrop - this is Iowa! Paved roads, level gravel sites, wide & mowed trails, clean pit toilets and a layout that isn’t too cramped. The pond has multiple shoreline fishing spots with picnic tables and a cleaning station. Basic playground in front of the beach which is a short drive or a ~1 mile trail walk away.

Clean & kid friendly

Well kept & family friendly camping in Iowa! We were able to reserve an electric unit (#30) right off the lake and across the road from the large playground (~5 setups for different age groups). We could watch the kids play while getting food ready or preparing a line to throw in the water. Short walk to the very clean restrooms with flush toilets & showers. Will come back!

Nice Family Getaway

This campground was perfect for a small family reunion. We rented out their 3 cabins and had a whole area to ourselves. The kids could walk down to the sand and a bridge. Very well kept, you must clean up after yourself - which should always be the case anyway.

Clean, very nice campground, kid friendly

There’s a pretty big playground near all the sites. When I went in the first weekend of October they had a little trick or treat night too! Extremely nice amenities; flush toilet and showers. Very nice for Iowa state parks.

Still closed

This park is right off the Missouri river, and everytime there is flooding this places gets shelled. We had some major flooding here 2019, and it appears this park is still closed. It has a great view of the Missouri river when it's open and is close to Bellevue. I guess we will see what transpires with it as it's not the first time it's been flooded.

Great state park, but closed

This is a state park in Iowa right off the Missouri river. And also directly next to or connected to the great nature preserve Desoto Bend. Unfortunately there were massive floods in 2019 in this area that effected the area near the missouri, Platte, and Elkhorn river. Due to these flood this great park is closed along with other parks that are still closed. If you look around and see a few parks that are closed and some that are open but have repairs needed. I hope this park will open in the future. And this and other parks get the repairs that they need. This park is one of Iowa best in my opinion.

Great little hiking park

Been coming to this place on and off for years. They have several hiking trails of different skills inside the preserve. There is a couple look out points of the Loess Hills as well as a educational visitors center. There is a rv camping site, as well as cabins that can be rented. There also 2 types of tenting as well. There is the walk up sites near the cabins, and also a few hike in camp sites.

Nice, and clean lake

This place was pleasantly clean to me. Blue lake which is the lake this state park sits on. When you drive in from the road you see on your right the lake and to your left are houses. You go farther down and you see picnic accesses off the lake. And there is a swimming area and beach further down with a fully accessible restroom. There is also a keelboat on display and visitor center with a musuem. The center was closed when we were here, (thanks covid). Behind that is a dock and a little look out tower next to it. This is where we saw people kayak mainly. You go farther down and this was where the campsites were. This appeared to be more of a park set up for rv and campers than any tents. You go farther down pass this and you find more accesses to trails, and taller grass. This is a great park especially for a rv, and how clean it is.

Been going here since I was a kid

First off let me start by saying, I have been going here since I was very little. So I may just have soft spot for this place. But I have always had a fun time here. Whether I was riding a bike around the paved roads. Fishing in one of the sandpit lakes they have to offer, or the river. Walk around the nature trails, or lakes. Or swimming in the swimming area, or wading in the Platte River. I have alway felt at home at this park. It's always clean, and quiet in frequent visits we have had. They offer tent, and rv camping either off the lakes or river. They have a day use area for the river where you can go and visit in the day or picnic. They also have old remodeled Union Pacific caboose you can stay in.

Great quiet lake less than 5 minutes from Tekamah

Summit is a great lake just west of Tekamah, and less than a hour from Omaha. Turning the corner off the highway to go to the park, the first thing we see are 2 eagles soaring over the area and lake. You come around the last bend or turn and there it is this 190 acre beauty. You come into the road on the other side of the campground and there is a day use area. Then on the other side of the road is a restaurant. Then you get to the other side of the lake, and there is the campgrounds. The big thing that separates Summit from some of the other lakes in this area, is the abounds of trees and more shade. There is a few fishing accesses, as well as a dock. This lake is one of the better kayaking lakes I have been to. This thing is surrounded by hills and creates a valley or bowl. This hills seem to offer a form of wind block as well as 2 miles of hiking and biking trails. There is a beach, and swimming area near the dock. There are basic restrooms as well as shower house available in the campground. The fishing appears to be good as well, but I did not fish yet. This is a campground that I am definitely going back to again and spend more time at.