Maeystown , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Maeystown Camping Reviews
Small town lake

This is a small town campground off the beaten path. Great little get away spot with nearby stores.

One of our favorites!

We absolutely love this campground! We have camped here several times. They have a general store with just about anything you could need. The pizza from the restaurant is very good as well. We spent a week here in July and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Very nice owners as well! It’s our first camping trip come April, we can’t wait to go back!

Out of state trip without the out-of-state travel!

Hawn State Park is a park like no other. Nowhere else in the state of Missouri have I been able to camp and feel like I'm in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.  The car camping area is nestled in the middle of a pine filled valley.  There's nothing more refreshing than sitting in the evening and hearing the wind whistle through the pines.  The trails are amazing with big boulders and beautiful creeks.  If you're car camping take the extra walk to the walk-in camping sites. It's like a micro backpacking trip. And if you like backpacking, Hawn state park is the place to do it!

Recommended

The casino complex was closed due to COVID. Reservations are online and they email you the gate code and WiFi code. Security is proactive in patrols and are friendly and helpful. No frills but a great view of the arch. Centrally located and across the bridge from downtown.

Close to STL, beautiful bathrooms, restaurant on site, after hours check in

I specifically would like to point out things that I look for when booking because I’m usually already on the road when trying to find a place to stay. There was after hours check in! But also a so friendly staff in the office. Beautiful coded bathrooms with showers. They were heated and warm and very well marked.
We did get a 30amp spot, because we have a van with solar panels and didn’t need to hook up. From doing this we were placed under street lights so they were always on and bright directly on our van. The next night they let us move to a 50 amp. The 50 amp spaces were the only ones with firepits. Rvs are close to one another but I was completely okay with that. There was road noise, quite a bit. But large trash bins and a great bbq restaurant on the grounds! I was planning on grabbing a gallon of milk when we got there…there really is nothing around the rv park! Maybe a couple gas stations at best, but if you need groceries or anything, stop and get them before you get close. Stop in the town before.

Oh and an awesome playground for the kids!!

River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Private house?

Didn't find a campground, only someone's home. I didn't approach to ask, since it looks like a private home. Not sure why this is on the app.

Great place for RVs

veryone was super helpful and friendly. The campsites were a little close together and there were a lot of campers. They've got great ammenities: 30/50amp, water, sewer, wifi, pool, showers, fire rings, and a trash dumpster. They even filled up my LP on site. There's a small site for primitive camping by the pond with a gazebo to fish off of.

No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.

Nice close park to St. Louis

Pet-friendly, full hookups, space for our larger rig and parking around for extra vehicle. Laundry and propane on site. Spaces were a little close together, but minutes from downtown St. Louis, and staff was friendly and accommodating. Also, fantastic restaurant right on site -- Sawmill BBQ!