The best GROUP camping near
Wetumpka , FLORIDA

Most Recent Wetumpka Camping Reviews
Best part was the $1 for laundry

Needed a place to stay for a day to catch up on rest. Everything was ok. The best part I’d have to say is the $1 for wash/drying clothes. They have one washer and two dryers. Check out is at 3pm. For some reason, my iPhone was behind by an hour. I thought it was 2pm, but it was actually 3pm. Simple, honest mistake. But, the old bag that works at the campground came on knocking on my door telling me that we needed to leave by 3pm. I told her I was aware of that and we will be out by 3pm (remember, my iPhone said it was two 2pm for whatever reason). She barked it is 3pm, and that they tell everybody it is Eastcoast time upon checking in. I was like ok, sorry, I thought it was 2pm. This old bag rolled her eyes and stormed off all pissed. Not a big deal lady. It’s not like anybody was waiting for the spot I was in. It was raining and I had already packed everything up and was ready to leave. I was just letting my daughter sleep until we had to leave. The attitude of the bitch was crazy! I wouldn’t recommend staying here. She seriously needs to take a chill pill. It’s not like I was trying to stay there for another night. Give me a break. Lame. Place was quiet and dark so it was easy to sleep at night. Cheap laundry. Water and electrify hook ups. Not much of a view. Seriously. Not much to look at. Plenty of nicer places around. That old bag can go suck it.

Very peaceful place with great people!

Nice pavilions with a picnic table and new fire rings. We had a flat spot and not needing to bust out the levelers is always a treat! The staff here is so kind and helpful. The others here have great knowledge about the area and we got some tips on what kinds of fish to catch…if you are into that sort of thing! If not, it is a great relaxing place to watch the river float past. Great cell signal and friendly four legged friends came to great us and our pups. Definitely stop here! Fantastic find!

Another great ACOE campground.

Our 2nd time to this campground. This time with our local WBCCI club. The sites are spaced well to provide some privacy and the lake backdrop makes for an enjoyable evening. Verizon service is adequate, 50amp service was flawless as was the potable water. We left early on a Monday sand had no backup at the dump station.

Beautiful area

Easy on and off freeway. Pet friendly. Internet sketchy. Enjoyed a nice peaceful two day rest. Friendly owner. Freeway noise can be loud.

Friendly COE campground

This is a great COE campground on Florida Georgia border. Everyone here was so friendly. Sites are large but very open. Three camping loops. We stayed in C 17. Great site all have fire rings, picnic table, lantern pole, charcoal grill, and prep table. Sites are paved or gravel. Several pull through sites. Great for larger rigs. Loops A & C have waterfront sites. Loop B is inner part of campground. Bathhouses have separate showers from restroom area. Campground is right on lake Seminole. Great fishing, boating, and kayaking. Went in February it was cold and very windy coming off lake. Not much to do in area but great for long weekend stay. Ate at local restaurant called Rutabaga cafe which was great. You are right on the time zone switch so your phone will switch from eastern to central several times. There are amenities close by such as grocery, liquor store, Dollar general. Jim Woodruff Dam is across the lake. It was closed to visitors but we drove to the overlook which was cool. Will definitely come back for another stay.

Small sites, Friendly Neighbors

1/29/2021 This campground is spotless. Concrete pads are level and electrical hookup looks new. Our truck camper fits perfectly, but big rigs are a tight fit.

Although many sites are close together we found the other campers to be friendly, and interesting conversations abounded.

We saw the white squirrels. On our walk through the nature trails we saw a doe (not the resident white deer).

We were only able to get one night because the campground was full.

Small, quiet, and the best of nature

Lots of trees and hiking paths along the river, etc. Boat, kayak, fish, or just chill at your site. In my opinion, the sits are best for small/mad size campers but there were several big guys in the campground. Bathrooms were clean and lots of hot water. We had site #15.

Still recovering

The caverns are a must see in this park. Come early before they open as there is a line. The spring is closed as is the campground and some trails due to hurricane damage. The staff are friendly and very well organized. There is a store. Our guide was very knowledgeable.

Beautiful secluded rustic spot

We stayed at Tate’s Hell for a night after spending time at the Saint George Island beach.

We got lost driving in! When going to the dwarf cypress boardwalk, google maps routed us through a swamp! It was helpful to grab a map. Roads can be bumpy so take it slow!

We stayed at pidcock 49 and it was lovely. Beautiful sunset. Grill, table and just the sights!

It was hunting season so we did see/hear hunters! It came out to be a total of ~$15 including transaction fee.

Quiet and clean

A perfect spot for our first adventure! Site was level and spotless. We chose one based on the maps/pics and it did not disappoint. Ours had a deck instead of the gravel picnic area and it was perfect! Fire pit, clean grill, solid picnic table all included. NBC and CBS for sports via the antenna. Bathrooms were pristine! Gorgeous views of the lake and late fall foliage. Hosts were great and offered help with anything we were unsure of. Definitely a winner!